Job Title: Senior Accountant
Nature of Job: Full Time
Salary: KShs 70,000 – 100,000
Job Location: Nairobi
Job Summary: Our client a manufacturing company along Mombasa road is looking to fill the role of a Senior Accountant with good accounting experience in a busy manufacturing company.
The jobholder will report to the general manager and manage the busy accounting department.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
· Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
· Maintain general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
· Summarize financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements like management accounts monthly
· Avoid legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
· Provide leadership in the Accounts department
· Protect organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
· Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
· Analyze financial information and summarize financial status
· Review and suggest ways to improve overall efficiency and spending of the company
· Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
· Spearhead debt collection and ensure the debt level are well managed
· Balance the debt and credit levels of the company and ensure smooth operation
· Prepare the company annual budget and manage monthly departmental budgets
· Participate in financial standards setting and in forecast process
· Provide input into department’s goal setting process
· Prepare financial statements and produce budgets according to schedule
· Oversee tax audits and tax returns
· Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
· Support month-end and year-end close process
· Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
· Liaise with the management to improve financial procedures
· Any other duties which may be given to you from time to time
· CPA (K) graduate
· Degree in Finance /Accounting or strategic management shall be an added advantage
· A minimum of 5 years’ experience in Accounting in FMCG Environment – At least 1 year in a senior role
· Female candidates are encouraged to apply for diversity in the department
· Knowledge of Quick books ,Sage, Pastel accounting packages or ERP system
· Strong analytical, communication and leadership skills
· Competent accounting and control skills related to project entities
· Proven administrative, leadership and management ability in the areas of strategic planning and organizational development
· Ability to develop, monitor and maintain management information systems and procedures
· Experience of financial responsibility for a budget
· Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send CVs quoting relevant skills, qualifications and experience to [email protected]
Interviews will be done on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.