Outrival Human Resources Solutions & Consultancies is one of the leading HR Consulting Firm in Kenya, serving East African Firms.
Our aim is to deliver great value to all our clients by making the Human Resources Processes manageable and productive.
One of our clients operating in Nairobi is urgently looking for qualified candidates to fill the following positions.
Accountant – Nairobi
The Accountant will handle high-level accounting, managerial accounting, and oversee the financial activities of the business.
Reporting to the General Manager, one will be expected to manage and supervise all aspects of accounting and assist with the development of internal control policies, procedures, and financial planning as needed.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of finance and accounting in the business.
- Ensure timely payments to suppliers as required
- Prepare and organize financial statements
- Prepare quarterly/annual financial reports
- Advise on financial analyses and decision-making in financial related matters in liaison with the Senior Management.
- Prepare monthly payroll and ensure that statutory deduction are deducted and submitted to the authorities
- Organize information and statements for audits and both internal and external auditors
- Ensuring company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Complying with IFRS, and tax filings.
- Creating New vendors and new item setup
- Review and update critical lead times, min levels, etc. in the buying calendar to facilitate more accurate data
- Assess reliability of suppliers and vendors to identify solutions for ongoing problems.
- Facilitating flow of materials between various departments and parties.
- Working with payables, operations and buyers to close out open invoicing and purchase order issues
- Liaising with vendors from time to time to ensure timely delivery of goods.
- Maintain and safeguard company assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, and business administration with an emphasis in Accounting or a related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or ACCA
- 5 – 7 years of experience in accounting
- Procurement process understanding
- Excellent computer skills; experience in accounting software, preferably NetSuite, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, cost accounting and cost control principles, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting best practices, laws, standards, and state/national regulations
- Analytical ability to develop and implement improvements or recommendations
- Able to work well with senior executives and team, as well as mentor/lead other team members
How to Apply
If you are interested and qualified, kindly send a cover letter and your CV to [email protected]
Please indicate your current pay, expected pay and Notice period on your cover letter.
Shortlisting will be carried out as applications are received.
The deadline for submission will be 05 April 2021.