Programme Manager – Resilience Livelihoods Job, NGO Jobs Kenya June 2021,
Position: Programme Manager – Resilience Livelihoods
The holder of this position shall be responsible for strategic direction, growth and coordination of AAIK’s work on resilient building programmes and humanitarian response. S/he is responsible for leading and overseeing the development and delivery of high quality, innovative, cost effective programs in both emergency and long-term development settings resulting in immediate and lasting change for communities living in poverty and exclusion. S/he will be responsible for monitoring programme quality, initiating and taking technical leadership in resilient livelihoods and emergencies focused studies, documentation and dissemination of innovations and good practices. S/he will ensure that the resilient livelihoods and emergencies programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to AAIK’s strategic objectives, national/global learning and advocacy.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, policy development or it’s equivalent from a recognized University;
- Have at least a minimum of seven (7) years post-academic experience in Disaster Response, Risk reduction and Resilience building programme management;
- Have successfully demonstrated cross-functional leadership competencies (diligence, developing strategies, conflict-resolution, analysis, communication and organizational awareness) as well as project planning skills).
- Proven experience in working within influential coalitions and networks; advocacy and campaigns on Disaster Response, Risk reduction and Resilience building;
- Demonstrated ability to work closely and effectively with administrative and community structures in a conflict and emergency context;
- Have demonstrated experience in building capacity of partners and staff on Disaster Response, Risk reduction and resilience building;
- Experience of implementing resilience and social cohesion programs in conflict settings.
- Experience of managing partnership relationships and understanding of different donor requirements and ways of working.
How to apply