Department : Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division :Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
Grade : KRA ‘7’
Reports to : Deputy Commissioner – ADR
Supervisee to : Manager, ADR
Location/Work station: Nairobi or Other Regional Office
Number of positions : 1
The job holder will be mandated to effectively manage the implementation of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) initiatives and facilitating in ADR discussions.
- Provide leadership and ensure implementation of strategic initiatives in Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) function;
- Work with the revenue department to ensure seamless ADR process.;
- To oversee the Case Review Forums;
- To analyse and review Comprehensive Information Packs on tax disputes referred for ADR;
- Facilitate and moderating ADR discussions;
- Review technical and other reports for CTDR;
- Support and implement the CTDR annual work plans and ensure compliance and implementation;
- Support and Implement the formulation of policies, operational guidelines, targets in order to optimize staff productivity in the Division;
- Cascading of Divisional target and monitoring the same;
- To ensure compliance with Divisional SLA’s;
- Manage an effective feedback mechanism for tracking ADR initiatives;
- Coming up with strategies for stakeholder engagement (both internal and external);
- Assist in the Administration, monitoring and compliance function of the division;
- Facilitate complex tax disputes;
- Establish and maintain Strategic linkages and relationships with internal and external stakeholders in order to strengthen tax dispute management and resolution initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BCom), Accounting, Economics, Statistics, Law;
- A Master’s Degree, and/or CPA, ACCA will be an added advantage;
- A member of Chartered Institute of Arbitrators will be an added advantage;
- Computer literate;
- Leadership, Management and Governance courses;
- A good understanding of Revenue Statues and International Taxation;
- Specialist in areas such as Transfer Pricing, Base Erosion and Profit Shifting, VAT, Income Tax, Excise Tax, ECCMA etc;
- Exposure to disputes management, resolution and mediation skills.
- 10 years’ experience in dispute resolution practice, 5 of which should be in a senior management position in a comparable organization.
- Strong administrative and supervisory skills;
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities;
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills;
- Resilient, focused and results oriented;
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player;
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
How to Apply
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by
21st March 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.