Finance Jobs In Kenya.
Position: Assistant Finance Officer,
Reports to: Finance Manager,
Location: National Office, Nairobi,
To offer accounting services to the organization and ensuring that all financial resources that come into the organization are recorded, tracked, and accounted for and used in fulfilment of the core mission of the organization of building and renovating houses that ensure families live in decent houses and decent communities.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the development, documentation, implementation, and monitoring of National Office’s financial transactions to ensure that transactions are recorded on an accurate and timely basis in line with fund accounting practice, and financial reports are provided to stakeholders
- Maintains current knowledge of local government financial accounting regulations and ensure compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements
- Ensure the implementation of all internal control processes and applicable donor requirements in all disbursements and transaction.
- Oversee the production and storage of financial data and reports for the organization
- Participate in the development of the annual budget and ensure that the National Office office is spending according to budget through preparation of monthly budget versus expenditure analysis
- Support with budget preparations for purposes of proposal development for donor-funded activities.
- Ensure the integrity of data posted into the General Ledger and subsidiary ledgers.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of Balance sheet ledgers and if any recommend for correction journals after the closure of the month.
- Supervise and provide support to direct reports ensuring bank and petty cash accounts are accurately and timely maintained, required supporting documentation for expenditure and journal batches are prepared and secured, and funds transfers are reconciled each month
- Uploading of journals into the Financial Management System for review by Finance Manager.
- Participate in tender and procurement committee deliberation by providing independent financial advice on budget allocation, cost minimization and maximize output and ensure it complies with the laid down policies regarding procurement including donor procurement requirement and implementation of audit recommendation in regards to procurement processes.
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations as per the stipulated timelines.
- Assist Finance Manager in conducting the month-end and quarterly end close process, including consolidation of project accounts, reconciliations, revaluation and preparation of financial statements
- Advise and implement financial policies and procedures while promoting best practices in all accounting activities.
- Ensure standards for documentation; including forms, support documents and procedures for retention of documents including proper and systematic filing are observed
- Assist in the preparations for the year-end audit and Project audits including providing all necessary documents.
- Act as the bank agent and ensure that all electronic payments are uploaded to the relevant banks accounts for review and approval by signatories.
- Act as the head of Finance in the absence of the Finance Manager.
- Perform any other duties as directed by your supervisor
Key performance indicators
- Timely preparations of reconciliations
- Strengthening Financial Management systems and risk reduction
- Timely update and submission of internal financial reports
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance, Commerce, or Business Administration
- Professional accounting qualification. Minimum Certified Public Accountant Kenya Part II
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- In-depth understanding and proficiency in the use of accounting systems particularly SunSystems.
- Ability to train and support field program staff in accounting matters
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal English and National Language
At least 3 years and above of middle level working experience in a busy accounting environment in a NGO or Not-For-Profit sector.
- Willing to uphold Christian principles of HFH Kenya
- High levels of integrity
How to Apply
To apply, email your application (Cover letter & CV) to [email protected] with your name and position applied for in the subject line.
The closing date for receiving applications is no later than 4.00pm EAT on Saturday 26th March 2022.
Please do not send certificates at this stage.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunities employer and will never ask for funds as part of the recruitment process.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .