Chief Internal Auditor Jobs, Audit Jobs, KMC Jobs
JOB GROUP KMC 3 REF: KMC/HRA/CIA/2/5/2019
The Internal Audit Unit provides an independent and objective assurance and advise aimed at adding value and improving the operations of KMC. The Chief Internal Auditor reports administratively to the Managing Commissioner and functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board. The purpose of the position is to assist in the accomplishment of the objectives of KMC by ensuring a systematic, disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes in order to support the overall efficiency and integrity of the organisation.
- Developing and managing an integrated internal audit function covering all the areas of the operations.
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness and efficiency of all systems of controls including financial, operational and internal control systems and procedures.
- Preparing the annual audit programme and ensuring that it is effectively carried out.
- Periodically reviewing the suitability, reliability and use of management information produced within the organization.
- Evaluating business risks and systems of controls in order to provide value added recommendations.
- Analysing outcomes of audit activities, providing timely reports and following through to ensure that recommendations are considered and implemented.
- Providing leadership in the co-ordination of external audits and ensuring that issues raised by the auditors are addressed.
- Carrying out special audits and investigations (ad-hoc) as may be required from time to time and submitting reports of findings to the Board.
- Monitoring the efficiency of the operations of the organization;
- Identifying areas that offer opportunities for improvement and making appropriate recommendations.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Board and or management from time to time.
The ideal candidate shall possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce/Accounting/Finance/Business Administration or related field
- Master’s degree is an added advantage
- Professional accounting qualifications CPA (K) or ACCA
- Five (5) years relevant experience at senior level in the management and execution of audits.
- Practical experience in use of computer audit tools.
- Understanding of public sector systems.
- Member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) in good standing.
- Member of the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Certificate in Senior Management Course lasting not less than four(4) weeks from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in computerized accounting packages (accounting software).
Key personal attributes/functional skills
The ideal candidate should:
- Be honest, trustworthy and possess a high degree of personal integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, excellent analytical, interpersonal, communication, presentation and reporting skills.
- Be results oriented and willing to multitask and meet strict deadlines.
- Have strategic leadership skills.
- Be a team player with ability to motivate staff.
- Demonstrate ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Be customer centric and resourceful in problem solving.
- Advanced computer skills.
How To Apply
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain the appropriate certification from the:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Higher Education Loan Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Interested and qualified candidates should fill and submit hard copies of the KMC employment application form which is available on the KMC website www.kenyameat.co.ke accompanied by applications detailed curriculum vitae, academic and professional certificates, national identity card, testimonials, current and expected salary and names and addresses of three referees so as to reach the undersigned not later than 28th June 2019.
Persons living with Disabilities, Women, Youth, persons from minority and/or marginalized groups who meet the requirements of the advertised positions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will result in automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the “REFERENCE NUMBER” of the position applied for and be addressed to:
The Managing Commissioner
Kenya Meat Commission
P.O Box 2-00204