Assistant Manager, Credit Administration Job, Credit Control Jobs 2020,
Reporting to Lending Manager, Assistant Manager, Credit Administration is responsible for providing strategic leadership in disbursements, budgeting, financial planning, controlling, analysis and reporting cash flow management and developing a solid and trusting relationship with key strategic institutions of higher learning to ensure seamless operations in disbursement of loans, bursaries and scholarships of over Kshs.17 Billion, ensuring timely annual disbursement of loans, bursaries and scholarships to over 394,000 students in over 342 local and foreign higher learning institutions ensuring implementation of sectional strategies by aligning them with the departmental and institutional strategic and performance plan, promoting customers’ and stakeholders’ engagement through institutional relationship management and aligning the section with enterprise risk management framework.
- Ensuring the institution effectively delivers on its role to all institutions of higher learning and students by providing effective funds disbursement services, supporting operations, standards of internal control are maintained in the disbursement management process and developing a complete understanding of the needs of strategic institutions of higher learning to anticipate changing needs and improvement of services and managing communications with strategic institutions of higher learning for seamless flow of information;
- Negotiating and overseeing implementation of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and establishing a timeline of performance with strategic institutions of higher learning for quality service offerings, and expanding relationships and recruitment of new institutions of higher learning to meet the strategic objectives on the institution;
- Managing team assigned to each institution of higher learning to maintain agreed service levels, overseeing the preparation and implementation of the section’s budget in alignment to the departmental and institution’s annual budget provisions and promoting institutional relationship management to enhance customer experience;
- Identifying gaps in the Credit Administration business processes within the section for Business Process Re-engineering, ensuring development and implementation of the section Business Continuity Plan in alignment to the departmental Business Continuity Management Framework and implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management framework for governance and risk compliance within the Credit Administration section;
- Managing the integrity of data to mitigate risks associated with funds disbursement, ensuring implementation of the Knowledge Management Framework in Credit Administration section to enhance efficiency and business continuity through mentoring and coaching for succession planning and enhancing staff performance in the Credit Administration section, ensuring adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to enhance service delivery;
- Coordination of technical and strategic initiatives through business intelligence reporting, quality assurance and big data analytics for informed decision making and ensuring implementation of Credit Policy, HELB Act and any legislative and regulatory framework in managing institution’s products;
- Identifying skills gaps among staff in the section for capacity enhancement, coordinating all communication to students, institutions of higher learning and financial service providers to ensure optimal customer services in matters relating to Credit Administration and ensuring the development of disbursement procedures, controls and systems for efficient and effective funds disbursement, ensuring development and review of funds utilization guidelines for adoption by institutions of higher learning for prudent management of resources and overseeing implementation of sections annual workplans for performance management in Credit Administration;
- Reviewing and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of credit administrations strategies, systems, and procedures to align to the dynamic market trends, advising the Head of Lending on the funds disbursement portfolio, providing technical advice to Head of Lending on disbursement and institutional relations issues for informed decision making and determining and maintaining all internal controls on funds disbursement processes to mitigate funds transfer risks, coordinating all audit processes in Credit Administration for compliance and conformity to defined standards and procedures, ensuring adherence to Quality Management System procedures and standards for improvement and sustainable customer experience;
- Champion enterprise risk management for credit administration and to ensure a controlled risk intelligent environment is maintained, ensuring quality assurance of data to promote data integrity, quality and reliability for informed and timely decision making, implementation of Credit Policy guidelines for efficient and effective funds disbursement and participating in the review of Credit Policy procedures to align it to the dynamic credit administration and management trends;
- Ensuring preparation and operationalization of credit administration communication plan for effective stakeholder engagement, developing and reviewing individual staff performance and targets to meet the overall objectives of the department, ensuring proper leave management and job rotation within the section to enhance business continuity, developing a wider range of work experience, and avoiding key-man risk, adherence to inter-departmental SLAs within the section for effective service delivery;
- Organizing and participating in departmental, sectional, and other ad hoc meetings to drive the agenda of the institution;
- Coordinating the implementation of stakeholders’ engagement and feedback for service improvement;
- Directing and coordinating activities of staff in the Section to achieve the set targets and objectives of the department;
- Motivating the sectional staff to achieve optimal service delivery;
- Overseeing formulation, implementation, and monitoring of Section workplan by ensuring it is aligned to the departmental action plan and overall institution’s Strategic Plan; and
- Evaluating and reviewing the section’s annual performance against set targets;
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field from a recognized institution
- Master’s Degree in business related field
- Management Development Program lasting not less four (4) weeks
- At least eight (8) years’ work experience in credit management, three (3) of which should be a managerial role
How To Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please send your application, copy of identity card, detailed Curriculum Vitae, relevant copies of testimonials certificates, daytime contact, and contacts of three referees, to reach the office of the Chief Executive Officer on the email contact below not later than 8th January 2021.
Ethics and Integrity
Shortlisted candidates shall be expected to prove their compliance with Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 by obtaining and presenting the documents during interview clearance/compliance certificate from the following organizations:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission.
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct) and;
- Credit Reference Bureau.
HELB is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.