Monitoring & Evaluation Manager Job, Latest NGO Kenya Jobs,
Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Commencement of Duty: July 2021
Duty Station: CSA Nairobi Office.
Duration of contract: 1 year renewable
Reports to: Program Manager
The M&E Manager will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E activities of the DREAMS program; assisting the program Manager in preparing Quarterly/Annual reports on program progress and will monitor the program activities on a regular basis, developing and maintaining the MIS of the program and will be responsible for the collection & analysis of different data in relation to the program activities. The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager works in close collaboration with the TUMIKIA MTOTO program team, relevant County Government officials and LIPs.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, evaluation and learning procedures Monitor all program activities and progress towards achieving the program output;
- Recommend further improvement of the logical frame work;
- Develop monitoring and impact indicator for the program success; • Monitor and evaluate overall progress on achievement of results; • Monitor the sustainability of the program’s results;
- Provide feedback to the program Manager on program strategies and activities; • Suggest strategies to the program Management for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the program by identifying challenges in completing program activities and developing plans to minimize or eliminate such challenges; • Report monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all program activities to the program Manager;
- Conduct capacity assessment on existing monitoring and evaluation system • Develop indicators and a monitoring strategy for the program;
- Provide inputs, information and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports to program Management Team;
- Participate in quarterly and annual program reviews and planning workshops and assist the program Manager in preparing relevant reports;
- Support monitoring and evaluation of the effects and impact of the program; • Assist in coordinating across the available components of the program to ensure effective implementation of M&E/MIS;
- Organise and conduct training of the program personnel on the M&E tools and in supporting them in effectively using them to collect and record data in the M&E system.
- Assist program Manager in the preparation of reports on the findings and lessons learned from program innovations
- Prepare Issues Log and Risk Log for the program
- Develop and maintain an M&E system for the program and ensure the database is accurately updated.
- Ability to organise and accurately complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Ability to plans, coordinate and organise workload while remaining aware of changing Priorities and competing deadlines.
- Ability to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on MIS, M&E and development issues
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of methodology: • Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies; excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral): Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, Respectful and helpful relations with donors and program staff.
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioural/ attitudinal change
- Focuses on result for the client
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude • Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure • Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities • Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view
University Degree preferably in Statistics, Economics or related field. Additional Training in Monitoring and Evaluation using databases SPSS, STATA and EXCEL
- Demonstrated experience of working experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development programs for atleast 5 years preferably USAID funded programs.
- Experience working in USAID funded programs, including tracking and logging information in databases.
- Proven ability to manage program data and databases including cleaning, analysing and reporting data.
- Familiarity with data management, entry and preliminary data analysis • Experience of using DREAMS data base, MS Excel for managing information and computing.
- Experience in designing tools and strategies for data collection, analysis and production of reports;
- Proven ICT skills, especially in the development of MIS software using database software;
- Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software;
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
How to apply
Written applications including Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae indicating position and the county/ward applied for with day-time contact phone number(s) of three references
The application should reach the Administrative Manager by not later than June 14 th , 2021 on E-mail : [email protected]
The Administrative Manager
Center for the Study of Adolescence
Mbaazi Avenue, Off Kingara Road, Lavington
P.O. Box 19329-00202, Nairobi; E-mail: [email protected]