Customs Liaison & Bonds Officer Job, Logistics Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Union Logistics Limited is a registered company specialized in offering value based logistics solutions to our local and global customers.
We have effectively developed the necessary resources to ensure optimum efficiency and professionalism thus enabling our clientele to benefit accordingly.
We seek to hire a Customs Liaison Officer who ideally holds a professional qualification in forwarding with background knowledge and experience in Customs Clearance procedures and bonds Management.
- Act as the first focal point of contact in resolving all queries and correspondences relating to customs, reconcile requests and ensure formal conclusion and communication of the same to the relevant persons.
- Maintain a good rapport with government bodies (KRA, MoF, MoE) and other stakeholders concerned with matters relating to customs, resolving any issues arising.
- Customs bonds management & monitoring.
- Liaise with Insurance Company on bonds premiums and approval of the same on behalf of the company.
- Acting as a company adviser in all customs matters procedures and processes.
- Manage administration requirements in relation to the various government ministries and agencies, KRA, KEBS in relation to tax exemption approvals for goods and compliance issues.
- Premium approval for particular and general bonds.
- Follow up with port supervisors on online reports upon shipments clearance.
- Coordinate with border offices on clearance of cargo and issuance of Certificates of export (COE) reports.
- Monitor transit, temporary imports and transshipment cargo.
- Prepare and lodge bonds vouchers at KRA and cancellation processing.
- Solving cases relating to Customs valuations and pricing.
- Execution of customs bonds, general and particular bonds.
- Ensuring all customs procedures and regulations are adhered to in regards to all bonded shipments.
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports of all bonded shipments to the management.
- Follow up on KEBS approvals on client’s behalf.
- Follow up on DPC and warehousing approvals
- AEO applications and follow up.
- Customs agent license application.
- Any other work assigned by the management.
- Diploma in Logistics or equivalent.
- Five years’ work experience in Customs Clearance and Customs Bonds Management.
- Working knowledge & Certification of KENTRADE, TRADEX, ASYCUDA and TANCIS, ICMS online systems.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills;
- Excellent analytical, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills;
- High sense of integrity;
- Ability to work in a team;
- High degree of flexibility;
- Loyal and honest;
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the above qualifications should send their application indicating their current Gross salary by 30th September,2020 to [email protected]
Union Logistics Limited is a professional company and does not charge any amount of money during the recruitment process .Only shortlisted Candidates who meet our expectations will be contacted.