- Company: Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Kenya
Manager, HR &Admin
The job holder is responsible for providing safe, courteous and coordinated movement of staff, visitors and other stakeholders to authorised destinations and also to ensure the security and safe transfer of goods they transport and assigned vehicles.
- Driving a motor vehicle as authorized;
- Carrying out checks on the vehicle’s cooling, oil, electrical and brake systems, tyre pressure and other related routine checks;
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems;
- Maintaining work tickets for vehicles assigned;
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road; (vi) Ensuring safety of the passengers and/or goods therein; and
- Maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
Minimum Job Qualification
- Have minimum of Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D+ or its equivalent;
- Have a valid driving license free from any current endorsement(s) for class(es) of vehicle;
- Have passed Occupational Trade Test I/II/III for Drivers;
- Have a Defensive Driving Certificate from the Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Have attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St. John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Have Attended a Refresher Course for drivers at Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBT) or any other recognized Institution;
- Have a valid Certificate of Good Conduct; (viii) Be proficient in computer applications;
- Fulfill the requirements of Chapter six (6) of the Constitution; and
- Show merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results.