Finance & Administration Officer Job, Current Finance Kenyan Jobs,
About the role
The Finance & Administration Officer is responsible for managing the day-to-day finance and administration activities for Practical Action’s field office in Kisumu, Kenya. S/He will ensure that all financial and administrative activities are carried out in line with Practical Action’s Group/local financial policies/procedures and will work under the direct supervision of the Area Lead – Lake Basin and matrix managed by the Head of Finance & Systems. The post holder will provide support to Lake Basin project teams on compliance to donor rules and regulations providing budgetary oversight on project activities.
The main responsibilities
Accounting, book-keeping and financial process management (40%)
- Prepare and check financial documents and process transactions
- Support the preparation of financial statements
- Identify process/internal controls weaknesses and propose options on improvements.
- Implement specific approved process/internal changes
- Ensure timely posting of finance data into sun system
- Participate in the organizational/project budget formulation and ensure correct coding of expenditure in line with the existing coding structure
- Process supplier payments in a timely and accurate manner to ensure good supplier relations.
Financial Planning, Management Reporting, Analysis and proposal development (30%)
- Processes field office transfers, reviews their returns and upload them when issues are resolved
- Provide costing information as requested for planning process
- Upload indirect cost, overheads, support cost coverage journals and staff time reallocations on receipt of time sheets from budget holders
- Provides costing information for proposal budgets and trend analysis
- Supports the development and implementation of finance projects. Participates in working groups.
Treasury, risk management and tax (20%)
- Monitor bank and cash balances to ensure funds are available when needed and prepare monthly bank and cash reconciliations
- Reports risks identified or materialised in the process of day to day business
- Manage and monitor petty cash balances
- Ensure sufficient cash for the field office and prepare fund request in good time.
Donor audits and reporting (5%)
- Respond to audit requests for information and supply appropriate audit evidence
- Prepare and send budget holder reports to budget holders every month
- Prepare various donor financial reports as required by donor grants and contracts.
Assets management and Administrative functions (5%)
- Work closely with the Area Lead, Lake Basin, to ensure prudent utilization, management and accountability for Practical Action resources and compliance to all applicable Group policies and procedures.
- Working with the Finance Coordinator, ensure fixed asset registers are maintained, updated and reconciled to SUN.
- In coordination with the Procurement and logistics Officer ensure all field offices Assets in the lake basin region are Tagged, insured and updated in the master Asset register
To be successful in the role, you will be a graduate in Commerce (accounting option) or related field from a reputable University with qualifications in accounting i.e. CPA or ACCA. A Post graduate degree in the relevant discipline will be an added advantage. Working experience of at least (5) years in a similar position; (3) years of which should have included financial budgeting, implementation and accounting responsibility up to final accounts and reporting to donors. Practical experience in the use of computer accounting packages including Excel, Word and SUN Accounting System is essential.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their applications, including an updated CV with a cover letter via email to: [email protected] not later than 23rd September 2021 indicating “ Finance & Admin Officer – Kisumu ” on the email subject line.
At Practical Action, we treat all applications for employment on their merits and do not take into consideration any factors that are not relevant to the job such as disability, race, age, religion, gender, gender reassignment or sexual orientation.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults and as such candidates will be subject to pre-employment checks.
The successful applicant must have the pre-existing right to both live and work in Kenya.
Note: Never pay for any training, certificate, assessment, or testing to the recruiter.N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Register Your CV With Us. . It's Free.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .