Finance & Administrative Assistant Jobs, Finance Jobs, Accounting Jobs, CPA Jobs, Business Administration Jobs, Administrative Jobs, NGO Jobs, Heifer International Jobs
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Finance & Administrative Assistant is the first contact point to visitors, consultants, and partners. S/he is primarily responsible for the day-to-day operations providing support to Heifer team: Project Manager, Business Officer, Communication Officer, Livestock officers and Finance in Kisumu and Nairobi respectively and the project by maintaining systems of accountability, establishing and maintaining communications between program offices as well as partners and performing basic administrative tasks as assigned. S/he will develop procedures, which promote financial discipline to meet organizational goals as well as maintaining an efficient document retrieval system.
Essential Character Traits:
Intellectual curious, accountable, professional judgement, effective communicator, pragmatic, inspirational and team player.
Manage a functional and organized office filing system to ensure that the project documents and records are appropriately filed and secured for easy retrieval. (40%)
- A project database of Community Facilitators, CAVES, PFTs and DFAs is developed and maintained to reconcile payments and recruitments.
- Project filing systems that conforms to Heifer Kenya filing guidelines is developed and maintained for the project and for each of the 25 HHK Hubs.
- All relevant documentation including activity reports, transfers and payments, agreements and reconciliations of each Hubs is filed immediately as they are received.
- All project documents are filed in the relevant month.
- Review hub reconciliations and submit to Nairobi office for registration in Agresso.
- Support the Project Accountant in administering and documenting quarterly hub financial monitoring activities.
- Ensure all project assets are properly documented and carry out periodic asset verification exercises.
Act as initial point of contact for the main office by responding to both internal and external inquiries/requests. (20%)
- Follow-up on all incoming and outgoing correspondences.
- Receive and attend to telephone calls and courteously direct calls accordantly.
- Support the project procurement activities.
Undertake due diligence of the Hubs, within the region on financial viability, financial assessment and sustainability. (20%)
- Quarterly hub financial monitoring and flash hub audits and capacity building done in conjunction with the Project Accountant and Busines staff.
Collaborate with the administrator and travel agents to ensure that visits to the projects are managed smoothly, professionally and efficiently. (15%)
- Reserve hotel for staff and visitors as needed.
- Coordinate airport transfers for incoming/outgoing staff.
- Assist with permit for traveling staff.
Any other task as assigned by the supervisor. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or equivalent Diploma or any other related qualification to this job, with three (3) years of hands-on related experience and at least CPA Part 1 qualification.
- Practical experience in various aspects of accounting principles and practices with a good understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), procurement and front office management. Data entry and basic excel analysis will be an added advantage
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector and the context to which non-profit organizations operate.
- Exemplary customer care and administrative skills
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong English language skills – oral and written.
- Knowledge and experience with word processing, spreadsheets, database, newsletter, and electronic mail software (Microsoft Office preferred).
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people.
- Ability to produce accurate documents in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- May require occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor to waist.
- Ability to operate all standard office equipment including copiers, scanners, fax machines and printers.
- Ability to establish priorities, achieve deadlines and make sound judgments.
- Ability to perform as an effective team member and work cooperatively with a diverse staff.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Constant telephone, face-to-face and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and to work with minimal supervision.
How to Apply: