DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: United Nations Development Programme
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources (HR) Associate serves as a member of the operations team, and is responsible for administratively and logistically supporting the recruitment and placement, administration of benefits and entitlements of staff and local external contractors, other HR administration issues and separation of personnel.
In performing his/her tasks, the HR Associate ensures compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; accountability to organizational values and principles; and an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized. The HR Associate supports the Human Resources Business Partner and works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the MCO/CO and operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women Regional Office and HQ staff to successfully deliver operations services.
Administer and implement HR stategies and policies in the ESA Regional Office in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies an guidelines
- Provide general, standard information to the management and staff on HR strategies, rules and regulations;
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies;
- Interpret processes and procedures, anticipate and manage operaitonal requirements;
- Prepare written response to queries concerning HR related matters.
Provide HR administrative and logistical servies to the ESA Regional Office and region in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies an guidelines
- Process, draft, edit, proofread and finalize for approval a variety of correspondence and other communications; maintain files/records, monitor deadlines;
- Provide administrative coordination in the extension of contracts, processing of national benefits and allowances, and entitlements, and renewal of UNLPs and visas;
- Input and track all transactions related to positions, recruitment, benefits, earnings/deductions, retroactivities, recoveries, adjustments and separations through Atlas;
- Facilitate responses to audit findings and recommendations;
- Assume overall responsibility for leave management; record management;
- Process payment, and administer entitlements for international staff as delegated; validate and coordinate local payroll and related issues;
- Facilitate staff separation process;
- Create/update entries of vendors/PO and Receipts in the ATLAS system.
Facilitate and coordinate recruitment processes in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Draft job descriptions and vacancy announcements; assist in reviewing and processing requests for classification;
- Screen candidates and facilitate and participate in interview panels as necessary;
- Prepare recruitment recommendations/supporting documentation for the Central Review Board (CRB);
- Prepare position establishment, liaise with headquarters and assure that action is completed;
- Provide regular recruitment status reports;
- Provide advice to local recruitment in programmes/projects when necessary.
Provide administrative support to staff performance management and learning and development in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Monitor compliance with the performance appraisal review in the ESA Regional Office and region and staff learning and development;
- Facilitate the preparation of Office learning plan and individual learning plans in consultation with the HR Business Partner.
Maintain data in relation to HR in full compliance with UN Women rules, regulations, and HR policies and guidelines
- Maintain and update internal database and files on administrative HR matters in a confidential and secure manner;
- Generate a variety of standard and non-standard statistical and other reports from various databases;
- Update position data in Atlas, association of positions to chart fields (CoAs), update of CoA information and setting up vendors.
Facilitate knowledge building and knowledge sharing globally
- Organize training courses, workshops, information sessions, orientations and consultations for staff;
- Provide a synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in HR administration;
- Liaise with HR headquarters in HR administration and staffing to disseminate information on a variety of HR matters.
- Respect for Diversity;
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues;
- Creative Problem Solving;
- Effective Communication;
- Leading by Example;
- Inclusive Collaboration;
- Stakeholder Engagement.
- Timely and accurate HR administration
- Timely and accurate organization of recruitments
- Timely and accurate information provision to staff on HR administrative and benefit and entitlement issues
- Timely administrative service delivery to the ESA Regional Office and region and offices in the region
- Up-to-date and secure databases, files and records
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Public Administration.
- Specialized training in Human Resource Management would be preferable.
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in office administration and/or human resource management; Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and experience in handling of web based management system
- Fluency in English is required;
- Knowledge of French is an asset.
How to Apply