DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Internship
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
The main objective of the internship position is to transfer human resources skills to the intern. The position of the internship will give the intern the opportunity to gain both theoretical as well as practical knowledge and skills in human resources.
Working under the overall direction of the Human Resources Officer, the intern will assist with the human resources activities of the Mission. Tasks will include: –
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist in recruitment process for National staff, particularly:
- Collect the CVs related to the announced position informing by calling or sending email to short listed applicants on interview dates and timings.
- Preparation and sending out to the relevant panel the interview schedule on time.
- Ensuring that all relevant materials pertaining the actual interview are prepared and photocopied prior to the interview.
- Administering practical skills tests/exams as required.
- After clearance by the HR Assistants, ensure that regret letters have been sent to the unsuccessful candidates.2. Maintain records on staffing in Nairobi and Somalia including consultants, interns and daily rate staff. Open files for all newly hired staff, maintain the HR filing system and ensure all files are updated with the right documents and ensure safe custody of all the files.
- Assisting in the following;
- Requesting and preparing training logistics in coordination with the responsible HR Assistant.
- Following up from staff on any compulsory documents or any other important information needed from staff in the department.
- Computation of payments for service providers as needed in the department.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field from a recognized institution. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, Good knowledge of information technology and proficiency in Microsoft Office applications especially Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Prior work experience in a busy HR office in a similar capacity.
- Must be well organized, mature individual, able to work independently, paying attention to detail and meets deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a diverse team.
- Flexible and able to adapt quickly to new, different environments.
Fluency in English and Kiswahili is required.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; iss action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and a cover letter indicating the Call for Application Number (CFA No.), Position Title and the Duty Station with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
From 06.09.2019 to 19.09.2019