Department: Intelligence & Strategic Operations
Division: Intelligence Management
Reports to: Chief Manager, Information Exchange & Stakeholder Management
Direct reports: Assistant Managers, Information Exchange
Number of Positions: 1
- Implementation of all aspects relating to international Exchange of Information (Spontaneous, Automatic & Exchange on Request),
- Customs information exchange
- Delegated Competent Authority obligations.
- Provide policy analysis on legislation for Exchange of Information (EOI), conduct regular reviews and recommend amendments of the legislation where necessary.
- Utilize the multilateral convention on Mutual Administration Assistance (MAC) in tax matters, Double Tax Agreements (DTAs) and other legal instruments for EOI purposes.
- Implement EOI processes and procedures in compliance with the required international standards.
- Carry out Competent Authority (CA) obligations.
- Carry out stakeholder mapping and develop stakeholder engagement plans for local and international EOI stakeholders.
- Build capacity in EOI matters for KRA tax auditors /investigators through training, benchmarking and provision of technical assistance.
- Overseeing preparation of management and operational reports.
- Any other duty as assigned by the management
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- Evidence of training for a cumulative period of not less than two months in the area of Exchange of Information and/or related fields.
- Training in Tax and Customs Administration will be an added advantage.
- Professional Certification in the areas of Law/Tax/Finance will be an added advantage
- 5 years of progressive practical work experience in the areas of Exchange of Information and/or related fields two (2) of which should be leading team(s).
- Experience in Customs and Tax administration is an added advantage.
- Honesty and integrity of character.
- Good decision making capabilities
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
How to Apply
All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be submitted online by
21st March 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
KRA does not charge any application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.