Assistant Manager – Innovation (Ideas Management) Job, Other Professions,
This role is primarily responsible for assisting in the implementation of Innovation management strategy, idea management framework, manage sequencing and screening of ideas, maintain the idea management portal, manage reward of innovation and promoting innovation culture in the Authority.
T he role is also responsible for managing communication and engagement with internal/external innovators, technology companies and other institutions intending to showcase innovations with KRA.
- Assist in development and implementation of the Innovation strategy, framework and policy.
- Conduct idea evaluation, screening and sequencing of innovative ideas
- Assist in development of business case proposals for innovative ideas for approval by top management
- Conduct awareness and sensitizations aimed at promoting an innovation culture in the Authority
- Conduct engagements with external stakeholders to explore and identity high impactful innovations that improve revenue administration.
- Implement of measures that ensure innovation is effectively rewarded in the Authority
- Implement strategic partnerships with departments and business units to support the implementation of Innovation initiatives, including review and selection of high impactful innovative ideas.
- Prepare timely reports and provide updates on issues related to quality of ideas and portal, and assist in implementing actions to address feedbacks from staff and externals
- Monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of innovation initiatives
- Review awareness and sensitizations materials and plans aimed at encouraging usage of idea management portal (iNNOVATE)
- Assist in implementation of work plans for initiatives that cut across in the organization: Audit, Integrity, Quality Management, Risk Management and others.
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Conducting review & approval of staff leave, performance contracts and appraisal
- Conduct regular meetings with team on innovation unit and external stakeholders
- Manage work assignment and allocation for staff.
- Provide operational support and guidance to staff.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Information Technology, Project Management, or related fields.
- Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- Professional Qualifications in Project Management, Monitoring & Evaluation or Balanced Score Card is an added advantage.
Relevant work experience required
- A minimum of four (4) years’ experience, of which one (1) year work experience should be at Supervisory level in the relevant field.
- Excellent verbal communication, and the ability to convey information clearly and effectively
- Strong leadership abilities
- Excellent delegator and mediator
- Great interpersonal skills and customer service
- Knack for problem-solving
- Excellent time management
- Responsible, goal oriented and organized
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Confident, proactive and willing to take on challenges
- Great listening skills and able to take direction from individuals in higher-level positions
- Able to manage and motivate others
- Passion for innovation and creative-thinking
- Forward-thinking and adaptable to dynamic situations
- A solid understanding of innovation and how it should be applied
How to Apply