Assistant Manager – Service Desk Job, IT Jobs Kenya 2022,
The Job holder is responsible for coordinating and managing, shared services, central planning and ensuring service request fulfilment
- Ensure resolution of tickets within the prescribed Internal Standards
- Ability to deal with complex incidences and problems
- Provide prompt feedback to users on resolution of issues and manage relationships.
- Coordinates with other ICT Sections on resolutions of issues.
- Review the unit’s KPIs, procedures and processes to guarantee their relevance as well as ensure continual improvement.
- Define incident and service request classification, prioritization schemes and criteria for problem registration to ensure consistent approaches for handling, informing users about and conducting trend analysis.
- Generate unit’s monthly reports that show trends incidents, compliance to SLAs and achievement of KPIs.
- Coordinate Corporate initiatives within the unit such as Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
- Responsible for performance. Set KPIs and/or internal standards and ensures customer expectations are met
- Oversee IT related requests are efficiently handled and monitored until resolved to satisfaction of the users.
- Spearhead proper functioning of all the working tools at the service desk.
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff in order to support business through excellent customer service
- Ensure good working relation and coordination of service desk staff with Manager Service Desk and other Sectional/Divisional staff.
- Develop annual work plan with performance targets assigned weights.
- Work closely with the supervisors to ensure achievement of performance targets at the service desk and the incident management processes.
- Gather information on system disruptions and resumptions through Hotspot report from & to Business contacts and heads of the divisions/CSS team one.
- Ensure countrywide sensitization of users on available ICT tools every financial year.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other IT related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
- The post holder should have at least one of the following preferred certifications
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- Project Management e.g. Prince2, PMP
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+
Relevant Work Experience/ Technical Skills Required
The post holder should have at least four (4) years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment, with at least one (1) year at Supervisory role in a large or busy organization
- Competence in Windows Active Directory Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), IBM Service Management Tool (ITSM)
How to Apply