Manager Project Management Office Jobs, ICT Jobs, Kenya Airways Jobs
Job Purpose Statement
The Manager PMO drives the end to prioritization and management of the IT projects portfolio. This role embeds excellence and continuous improvement to project processes, portfolio governance and benefits realization.
In addition, the role enables the IT transformation program performing key functions usually assigned to an IT Chief of Staff including cost management, partner management and departmental reporting and communication.
- Responsible for the tracking and management of the delivery performance metrics.
- Responsible for the tracking and measurement of value realization from the projects delivered.
- Establishing a PMO stakeholder management plan and implementation of the communication framework.
- Responsible for the establishment and management of project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, planning, documentation and tools which supports agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Act as a reference point for PMO queries and information and an advocate for best practices in project management.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across programs, building relationships with stakeholders and brokering relationships at all levels.
- Responsible for the continuous improvement of the delivery methods across the business
- This role is responsible for portfolio governance.
- This role is responsible for the post implementation audit of the delivery of projects with a keen view to improve the delivery.
- This role is responsible for the cost management of budgets across the IT department and IT nominals across the business.
- Monitor project overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances.
- Responsible for the financial management and portfolio budgeting across all delivery projects.
- Contributes to the formulation of approved business plans, operating plans, budgets and capital expenditure requests in line with KQ strategic goals and objectives.
- Contributes to overall profitability of KQ by monitoring all areas of project expenditure and reporting on performance against variations.
- Tracking and driving departmental cost saving initiatives.
- This role is responsible for partner management with a view to ensuring Kenya Airways gets value from the partner ecosystem from an SLA perspective.
- Responsible for contracting from an IT perspective and liaising closely with legal to ensure consistency in IT contracts.
- Monitoring and evaluating contract performance across the IT department partners.
- This role is responsible for creating and ensuring the Exec dashboards are relevant and valuable.
- Ensure accurate, timely and standardized submission of IT board papers.
- Responsible for the management of all activities and initiatives across the IT department with a keen view of ensuring that are run within the set budgets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or a related Technical or Business field.
- Certification in Project Management Methodology.
- Certification in Change Management.
- 5 – 8 years of relevant experience in PMO.
- Proven PMO/Project Analyst or Coordinator experience and knowledge of project management.
- Understanding of the principles and frameworks of successful project management from a support perspective.
- Proven experience in providing service to internal stakeholders to achieve successful project outcomes.
- Understanding of project delivery and acceptance processes within a fast-paced business environment.
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Able to offer creative solutions to solve complex problems.