- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Corporate Support Services
Facilities & Logistics Services
The job holder is Responsible for effective management of the Authority’s properties; and ensuring all related costs are kept within the budget.
- Develop and review policies; sensitize and enforcement of the same to ensure they are implemented and adhered to.
- Ensure the properties of the Authority are maintained to the required standard; renovations and repairs are carried out as and when required.
- Review bills of quantity and supporting documents and submit to the Chief Manager, Facilities Management for further action.
- Leasing of KRA Commercial properties and overseeing housing allocation.
- Management of furniture’s (acquisition, distribution, tracking and accountability) and ensure relevant records and service schedules are kept up to date at all times.
- Ensure regular inspections of KRA Property and listing of obsolete assets for disposal.
Academic and Professional qualifications
- A degree in Land Economics, Quantity Survey, Engineering or related discipline.
- Certificate of Registration with the relevant Professional Body
Relevant work experience required
- At least five (5) years’ work experience of which two (2) years should be at entry level.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good management skills
- Good leadership skills
- Good strategic, analytical, diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with third parties and staff
- Good decision – making capabilities
- Resilient, focused and result oriented
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player