MYP Coordinator Job, Teaching Jobs In Kenya 2020,
Reports to: IB Coordinator,
Purpose of The Role
To ensure the complete and effective organisation and administration of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IBMYP).
- Ensure that teachers, legal guardians and candidates understand the curriculum and assessment requirements of the MYP and what subjects will be offered by the school.
- Provide teachers with up-to-date information about changes to courses of study, assessment requirements and administration.
- Assist teachers in gaining assessment-focused professional development.
- Ensure that teachers have access to relevant sections of MYP Assessment procedures.
- Ensure that all MYP year 5 students are registered for assessment in the personal project and additional eAssessment subjects, as required.
- Publish an internal calendar of all due dates for the submission of candidates’ assessment material and other material or information required by the IB. Please note, the dates from MYP Assessment proceduresare downloadable into your digital calendar via the International Baccalaureate information system (IBIS).
- Submit advance-notice registration requirements for the personal project special language request in accordance with the deadlines given in MYP Assessment procedures.
- Submit requests for inclusive access arrangements for candidates with access requirements at least one year in advance of the on-screen examinations.
- Register candidates for an examination session in accordance with the deadline given in MYP Assessment procedures.
- Upload candidates’ ePortfolios for moderation in accordance with the deadline given in MYP Assessment procedures. Ensure that the guidelines in the ePortfolio user guide are adhered to.
- Provide candidates with personal examination schedules and contact the IB by the appropriate deadline where any scheduling conflict may exist.
- Conduct the on-screen examinations in May/November in compliance with instructions given in MYP Assessment procedures.
- Ensure candidates and invigilators are provided with relevant information about examination regulations.
- Ensure that IT requirements are met for conducting MYP on-screen examinations
- Ensure that candidates have completed the familiarization package before sitting the on-screen examinations.
- Ensure that teachers provide feedback on the ePortfolio and on-screen examinations via the teacher feedback forms available on the programme resource centre.
- Be available (or ensure another staff/faculty member is available) up until the close of session (15 October/15 April) to answer questions, provide additional samples, request any enquiries upon results or submit registrations for retake candidates, as applicable.
- Ensure that the programme of service as action is properly coordinated and implemented in accordance with current IB requirements.
- Ensure that service as action and the personal project are administered in accordance with the requirements in the current guides, and that candidates and supervisors are fully aware of these requirements.
- Ensure that the school has a means of support for IB candidates for whom the language of instruction is not their mother tongue.
- Perform any other duties as required by the line manager.
- Ensure that the MYP students understand and adhere to Academic Integrity practices enshrined in the Academic Honesty Policy.
How To Apply
Please send your applications to [email protected] not later than 7th October, 2020 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received.
Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials, certificate of good conduct, and detailed CV, contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees.