- Company: I&M Bank
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
This role is responsible for planning and carrying out specific audit assignments in I&M Bank under the guidance of the Manager-Assurance Audit so as to give assurance on the adequacy and effectiveness of the Bank’s governance, risk management and control processes. In addition, to ensure compliance with the legal requirements and the Bank’s approved policies and procedures.
The Incumbent will report to the Manager Assurance Audit and will be responsible for:
- Conducting audit testing of specified areas and identifying reportable issues and dimension of risk;
- Obtaining evidence and ensuring audit conclusions are well-documented in liaison with the Manager, Assurance
- Drafting suitable audit reports highlighting key process/ control weaknesses, non-compliance with procedures and management policies and regulatory requirements, among others on those areas audited;
- Discussing with the Auditee for clarification of identified issues identified during fieldwork;
- Preparing audit plans for audit assignments in consultation with the Manager, Assurance Audit;
- Developing, in liaison with the Manager, Assurance Audit the appropriate audit tests to achieve the audit objectives defined for the assignment;
- Evaluating adequacy of auditee risk assessment for target audit areas as guided by the Manager, Assurance Audit;
- Participating in the audit team risk assessment and planning meetings for target audit areas by providing inputs and/or documenting the inputs given by the team; and
- Assisting in the following up and conclusive resolution of cleared audit issues logged from previous audits.
Qualifications And Competencies Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration/Finance/Economics or related field from a recognized institution.
- Part completion of CPA (K), ACCA, CISA, CIA or an equivalent professional qualification
- At least 2 years’ relevant experience in Banking.
- Technical skills;
- Ability to communicate;
- Report writing skills; and
- Numeric/Analytical skills.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Good problem solving skills.