Accounting Jobs In Kenya.
Kakenya’s Dream seeks to empower and motivate young girls through education to become agents of change and to break the cycle of destructive cultural practices in Kenya, such as female genital mutilation and early forced marriage. These future leaders will improve their community, their nation, and the world. We challenge ourselves to come up with the best educational system for young African girls and we promise to share our models with others.
Kakenya’s Dream is seeking a Program Accountant to support the financial management in our field office. This position will be fully based in Isampin, Transmara West, Narok County and reports to the Finance & Administration Officer. The successful candidate will also work closely with the Director of Programs, and might be required to commit some time over the weekends to support the program team.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- Ensure that the day-to-day accounting operations and financial management functions in field office are performed in accordance with internal policy and procedures
- Assist the programs team in developing and seeking approvals for activity budgets and expenditure
- Maintain budget control and monitor cash flows for all projects activities
- Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the field office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines
- Review and account for procurement transactions to ensure adequate supporting documentation, accuracy of amounts and control over payments
- Maintain accurate records of financial transactions in order to monitor financial status of project activities, ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported
- Maintain a bank monitoring report and ensure there are sufficient funds before payments are released
- Processing of payments
- Ensure that invoices received reconcile to purchase orders and matching receipts to purchase orders
- Preparing monthly financial reports for internal and external use on income and expenditure
- Overall management of petty cash and its related activities including documentation
- Support the Finance & Administration Officer to ensure regular and annual audits are carried out smoothly
- Represent the finance department in the board of directors monthly meetings
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or related field desired.
- Minimum CPA Part II.
- Previous experience working with Online QuickBooks
- At least two years experience working in an accounting function.
- At least a year of progressive working experience in rural environments.
- Computer literacy and strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
If you meet the above qualifications, please email your resume and cover letter indicating your current salary and availability to [email protected] by close of business on Thursday 31st March, 2022
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kakenya’s Dream is a child safe organization and all employees are expected to comply.
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .