- Company: British High Commission Nairobi
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Kenya
The British High Commission in Nairobi is the diplomatic mission of the United Kingdom.
Main purpose of job:
The successful candidate will be part of the BEM Counter Terrorism team providing administrative and project support, to include monitoring project expenditure, developing and maintaining mechanisms and systems to monitor spend versus forecast and delivering value for money within an overall programme budget.
Roles and responsibilities:
Working to support the Counter Terrorism (CT) team, the successful candidate will be responsible for managing project related resources and information. They will report to the CT Programme Officer based in Nairobi.
- Manage and coordinate logistics for project/programme related training activity, team meetings, events, visits and workshops including organising flight, transport and hotel bookings;
- Provide secretariat support to programme boards including coordinating meetings, collating and distribution of meeting papers, circulating the agenda and drafting minutes as required.
- Provide administrative support to the programme teams during compliance and programme reporting by preparing data/material needed for routine reporting to seniors and other stakeholders. Manage the programme’s calendar to ensure key programme deadlines are met.
- Liaise with colleagues in the Counter Terrorism programme team (London), East Africa Desk (CTD London) and Regional Lead to facilitate progress on issues of interest to the programme.
- Manage and monitor project expenditure and maintain financial and progress reports. Review and process expense claims and invoices for both programmes, manage the reconciliation of expenses with the forecasts, review implementing partners’ activity based budgets and provide data from FCDO accounting system and implementing partners for the monthly financial reporting requirements;
- Provide end to end support for procurement activity including fulfilling prism related responsibilities such as requisitioning, receiving, and troubleshooting invoices on hold, processing payment of supplier invoices and providing data for financial reporting requirements;
- Maintain records and information on programmes activities and expenditure;
- Act as initial point of contact for project/programme related enquiries for project-related enquiries;
- Occasional travel to Mogadishu to support programme delivery with HMG partners as well as external stakeholders.
Resources managed (staff and expenditure):
The job holder will work collaboratively with the programme officer to take responsibility for the financial management of the programme budget, which is set each year.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience of working in a project or programme environment particularly financial and budget management skills, strong administrative and organisation skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point. Able to work under minimum supervision.
- Due to the nature of the role, security clearance to OFFICIAL-SENSITIVE is a requirement.
- Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Formal qualification or professional accreditation in project management would be an advantage.
Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service