- Company: Voluntary Service Overseas
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Kenya
Voluntary Service Overseas is the world’s leading development charity fighting poverty through volunteers. Join us to create a world without poverty.
To provide technical guidance and operational and programme support to project team, management and partners to ensure compliance with safeguarding policies in line with donor expectations and the VSO volunteering for development approach. To build understanding and capacity for safeguarding with partners, CSOs and networks.
Skills, qualifications and experience
We are looking for someone with experience managing safeguarding in the context of humanitarian, development and peacebuilding programmes in Kenya
The ideal candidate should have undertaken safeguarding training with demonstrable experience in child safeguarding, protection against sexual exploitation and abuse. You will have practical experience of designing and delivering training and ongoing capacity building in safeguarding and security. You will also have previous experience of managing safeguarding incidents and sensitive support to survivors of gender-based violence and people affected by conflict.
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. We also offer a range of benefits, including;
- Opportunities for flexible working and working from home
- Generous annual leave of 37 days (inclusive of public holidays)
- Employee and Volunteer Assistance Programme
- Opportunities for professional development, including a range of online self-study modules, coaching and workshops