Archives Manager Job, Latest Librarian Kenyan Jobs
- The role is responsible for the preservation of documents in archive rooms and local safe deposit boxes as well as the management of the Company’s archiving tool.
- Preservation of documents in line with the Company’s retention policy.
- Archiving of paper documents while respecting compliance rules.
- Be responsible for the administration of the Company’s archiving tool.
- Implementation of retention duration on each archived document, and the use of keywords and codes to facilitate a quick document search.
- Meeting documents consultations request in respect of access rights.
- Manage the destruction of paper documents according to the laid down procedure.
- Manage the storage, communication and destruction of archives.
- Manage the organization of archive rooms and safes.
- Ensure the proper use of the archiving tool.
- Raise awareness among employees of the company for the archiving of documents.
- Provide the business expertise required to achieve compliance with information management and protection policies.
- Disseminate best practices for sensitive document retention/destruction according to the PSPI classification.
- Ensure regular document transfer.
- Ensure the destruction or the suspension of destruction of records and implement regular campaigns on the same.
- Advise and train users.
- Document and circulate reference documents (procedures, schedules, etc.).
- Monitor the activities of any archiving contractors on a day-to-day basis.
Required skills & experience
- Knowledge of documentary techniques (Records Management), and of the technical and normative environment (ISO 14641, ISO 15489, etc.).
- Analysis and synthesis, curiosity, self-sufficiency and initiative skills.
- Utmost discretion regarding the confidential information or sensitive situations regularly faced by the archivist.
- College certification in Library, Archiving and Information studies.
How to Apply
Please send your updated CV to [email protected] by 23 rd August 2021 . Only shortlisted candidates will be applied.