Procurement Officer Job, Current Kenyan Procurement Vacancies,
The procurement officer is responsible for overseeing the purchasing process, negotiating for future prospective contracts, ensuring high– quality and cost– effective purchases are made and maintain updated lists of current and incoming inventory. They will also recommend purchases in liaison with the head of finance.
- Overseeing the daily activities of the procurement department.
- Planning for purchase of equipment, supplies and services.
- Estimate and establish cost parameters and budgets for purchases.
- Monitoring and enforcing the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain good relations with vendors/ suppliers.
- Manage records of purchases pricings and other important data.
- Review and analyze all vendors / suppliers, supply and price options.
- Proposing viable contracts for negotiation.
- Negotiate best deals for pricing and supply contracts.
- Maintain updated list of suppliers and their qualifications, delivery times and potential future development.
- Overseeing and supervising employees in relation to activities of procurement.
- Follow and enforce the procurement policies and procedures.
- Manage the procurement and supply department efficiently and effectively.
- Develop harmonious relations with the other departments.
- Support Organizational Goals and Objectives.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Purchasing and Supplies, Procurement or equivalent.
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies management, CIPS.
- A member is good standing of the Kenya Institute of Supplies Management (KISM) will have added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office tools and office automation solutions.
- At least three years verifiable experience in the procurement field.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work under minimal supervision.
- Thorough and organized.
- A team player.
- Pleasant, self–driven and cordial.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to send an application letter and curriculum vitae via email only quoting the job title on the email subject to [email protected] by 21 October 2021 .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. St. John is an equal opportunity employ