- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Customer Service Jobs in KenyaKenya Revenue Authority (KRA) Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Responsible for providing support to the Assistant Manager in relation to management of complaints reports in accordance with best practice, policy and law.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities : N/A
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Coordinate resolution of complaints reports within the stipulated timelines.
- Ensure consistent standards and compliance with set regulations and uniformity in service delivery within the Complaints and Information Centre (CIC).
- Implement policies, procedures and strategies on complaints management.
- Coordinate the implementation of quarterly work plans for the period.
- Monitor, track and report all cases that come through CIC communication channels.
- Documentation and daily update of complaints reports and tracking action taken to resolve the same.
- Proactively obtain feedback from customers through various sources.
- Prepare monthly reports on performance of CIC.
- Support the Assistant Manager in preparation of the Quarterly reports to the Commission of Administrative Justice (CAJ).
- Coordinate and monitor service delivery within CIC to ensure that customers are served promptly and professionally.
- Identify and escalate all service delivery gaps in the CIC and propose mechanisms to close these gaps.
- Identify root-cause of complaints to recommend mitigation measures for recurring complaints
- Follow-up resolution of complaints reported and submit monthly reports on the same.
- Circulate and sensitize staff on citizen’s service charter, customer service standards and CIC operating procedures.
- Support the implementation of corporate complaints reporting awareness strategies
Financial Responsibility : N/A
Responsibility for Physical Assets : N/A
III. Decision Making / Job Influence : N/A
Working Conditions : Office setting
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Academic qualifications : Bachelor degree from a recognized university.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies : Professional qualification in the areas of administration, customer service or related field.
Previous relevant work experience required : At least three (3) years’ work experience in a similar role
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Honesty and integrity of character.
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills