- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Department: Legal Services and Board Coordination
Division: Tax Dispute Resolution Division
Section: Independent Review of Objections
Responsible for (Purpose of the job)
- Review of Objections in line with the law, making recommendation for resolution of objections, maintaining communicating with the parties, preparing and updating program reports, offering desk training to officers and giving effect to objection Decisions
Tasks and outputs:
- Review lodged objections for validity
- Collect information and documents from the taxpayer and the assessing department
- Review documents submitted to support the objection.
- Mentor, support and desk- train newly recruited officers
- Participate in consultative meetings with the assessing department and the taxpayers
- Presentation of findings and recommendations to the Objections Review Committee
- Implement the recommendations of the Objections Review Committee
- Prepare instructions to litigation division for the on appeal cases
- Participate in discussions for cases referred to the ADR
- Any other duties as allocated by the Manager
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Commerce, Economics, Statistics, Law or related disciplines from a recognised university.
- Must have a tax training and exposure to all taxes administered by the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- A Master’s Degree, CPA or ACCA and other professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Must be knowledgeable and have experience in tax and/or customs administration.
- Exposure to tax and/or customs disputes management, resolution and negotiations.
- A good understanding of revenue statutes.
Minimum years of experience
- Three (3) years’ experience in tax and or customs administration in a comparable organization.
- Competencies required for this role
- Strong analytical and judgement skills
- Good decision making skills and capabilities
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships.
- Must be a person of integrity.
- Computer literate.