Supply Chain Officer (Markets and Cash Based Transfer) Job, Current NGO Jobs In Kenya,
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
- Advanced University degree preferably in Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Economics, Business Administration, Logistics, or other related field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
This job will be based in the Kenya Country Office (KCO) and report to a senior Supply Chain Officer receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed which is essential to facilitate learning self-development and possible assumption of expanded responsibilities. Job holders at this grade level are typically “contributors” and work closely with a more experienced professional staff member. They carry out analytical work and come up with recommendations on supply chain related matters.
To provide analytics and contributions to the supply chain activities or/and contribute to field supply chain operations, following an effective and integrated supply chain approach meeting the food assistance needs of beneficiaries and service provision requirements for partners.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the development and implementation of supply chain plans for CBT and Market Development activities, in line with the global WFP supply chain strategy, global CBT strategy, and regional/functional strategies, policies and plans, to achieve operational cost efficiency, agility, reliability, quality and to support national capacity strengthening.
- Work in close collaboration with cross functional counterparts, especially the internal Cash Working Group (CWG) to align CBT initiatives and ensure that Supply Chain role in CBT Business Processes are fully operationalized included to increase programme efficiency.
- In partnership with the Vulnerability Analysis & Mapping (VAM) team, contribute to the implementation of market assessments to contribute to CBT feasibility analysis on the selection of appropriate operation modalities to improve supply chain cash-based performance and market development activities.
- Support the mapping and management of end-to-end operational supply chain Cash Based Assistance and retail networks and contribute to the implementation of supply chain cash-based operations, initiatives, and services that assures and enables supply.
- Contribute to the implementation of the technology solutions (e-Commerce, Dalilii, etc…) and cold chain projects, including spearheading design, development, roll-out and scale up.
- Collect, analyze, cleanse data, and create reports and dashboards highlighting opportunities for improvement and effective operationalization of supply chain Cash Based Assistance activities and contribute to informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of guidelines, SOPS and tools for mainstreaming market development activities and capacity development of traders and other market actors.
- Support supply chain cash-based projects and operational day-to-day activities in compliance with the established supply chain cash-based strategies, policies, procedures, and controls, and following corporate standards, contributing to quality control, risk mitigation and cost effectiveness.
|Capability Name||Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level|
|Supply Chain Strategy||Demonstrates understanding of supply chain strategies and corporate frameworks. Supports analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation.|
|Supply Chain & Networks Management||
Demonstrates robust understanding of end-to-end supply chain management. Supports the design and implementation of supply chain, retail and partnership networks.
Supports the design and integrated delivery of supply chain services.
|Supply Chain Capacity Strengthening||Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain capacity strengthening in operational contexts. Implements capacity development initiatives in own area of responsibility.|
|Supply Chain Performance & Development||Supports integrated supply chain information management and conducts advanced Supply Chain and performance analytics. Contributes to supply chain improvement and innovation initiatives.|
|Supply Chain Planning||Demonstrates robust understanding of supply chain planning in operational contexts. Designs plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders. Leverages expert intelligence and system data to conduct planning analytics.|
Two (2) years of direct relevant professional/Managerial experience in:
- Experience in analyzing Supply Chain Cash Based Assistance operational context and trends.
- Experience in supporting analytical and conceptual work on supply chain strategy and implementation.
- Experience in designing plans and operational scenarios in collaboration with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in analyzing end-to-end supply chain cash-based operations.
- Experience in retail market functionalities data collection and analyses
- Experience working with supply chain information systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting and solving operational issues.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- The World Food Programme DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
- WFP embraces diversity and equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that celebrates diversity and inclusivity in all ways.
- All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications and merit.
- Applicants profile MUST match the C.V attached. Any discrepancies between the C.V and the profile will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The deadline for application is 16 August 2022.
How to Apply
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.