DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Agriculture Ministry
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
- Verification of payments invoices
- Timely posting of all payment vouchers in the accounting software
- Exercise proper custody of all posted vouchers and other accounting documents
- Perform monthly bank reconciliation
- Manage Regional office cash flow
- Supervise and direct the accounting and logistical functions, to ensure efficiency at the regional office
- Authorization of payment vouchers
- Submission of account printouts by Components to the heads of Components for analysis and comments
- Give advice to management on accounting and administration matters at the regional office
- Liaise with the bank
- Liaising with County Treasuries in the Western Region
- Preparation of Statement of Expenditures from Counties in the Western Region
- Any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Regional Coordinating Officer and the Financial Controller
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance from a recognized Institution of higher learning
- A holder of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (CPA-K)
- Knowledge of basic computer application will be an added advantage
Desired Attributes and Experience
- Practical experience of at least 3 years in a project financial management unit and acquainted with accounting procedures in the public sector or in donor-funded projects
- Previous experience with IFAD procedures and financial regulations or donor funded projects would be an added advantage
- Good knowledge of accounting softwares such as Sage Pastel, TOMPRO, SUN Systems would be essential.
- Knowledge of key Computer Applications
- Excellent analytical and record management skills
- Fluent (reading, writing and speaking) in English and in Kiswahili.
- Can work under pressure and meet crucial deadlines.
- Good communication – oral and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
Applicants for this post will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of Kenya Constitution 2010 by attaching copies of the following:
- Certificate of Good Conduct from the Director of Criminal Investigations;
- Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board;
- Tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Clearance from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission; and
- Report from an Approved Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the above positions.
Each application should be accompanied by a CV and cover letter indicating the Reference Number for the position. Each application in a sealed envelope should be addressed to;
The Principal Secretary
State Department for Fisheries, Aquaculture and the Blue Economy
Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries
P. O Box P. O. Box 58187-00200
Hand deliver your application to our offices, Maji House 3rd Floor Room 343 on or before 1st November, 2019.