Position: Accounts Assistant
JKUAT Enterprises Ltd (JKUATES) is a State Corporation
operating as a limited company, fully owned by Jomo Kenyatta University of
Agriculture and Technology (JKUAT).
The company’s business activities include; Research & development, Manufacturing, Consultancy, E-Commerce, Export ,Training ,and proof of concept.
To provide support to the Finance department, by assisting the Deputy Finance Manager in the maintenance, reporting and management of the company finances. we are looking for a qualified and experienced individual to join our dynamic team in the position of an Accounts Assistant .
- Manage all accounting transactions in the company.
- Prepare budget forecasts the company.
- Publish financial statements in time.
- Handle monthly, quarterly and annual closings reports.
- Up to date reconciliation of payable and receivable accounts.
- Ensure timely banking of cash collections.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns.
- Report on the company’s financial status.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail and good analytical skills.
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude,
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to the team’s success
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Good IT skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Project
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Work experience as an Accountant/Assistant Accountant (with at least 2 years’ experience)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), ISA, IFRS.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software like QuickBooks
- Hands-on experience with MS-Office suite
- Certification on CPA level 2 (Section 4)
- Accounting Technician Diploma (ATD)/KATC level III certification is an added advantage.
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications and detailed CV indicating current and expected salary to [email protected] on/or before 12 th April, 2021 . Due to the urgency to fill the position, shortlisting will be done on an ongoing basis. Those who shall not have heard from us by 30 th April, 2021 should consider their applications unsuccessful. JKUAT Enterprises Limited is an equal opportunity employer.