Agronomist Jobs, Agricultural Jobs In Kenya,
Title : Agronomist – Greenhouses,
Reporting to : Projects Outreach and Field Operations Manager,
Location : Nairobi,
Contract period : 2 years,
Salary : 40k,
Our client is a farming solutions company providing greenhouse construction and management services. They seek to recruit a vibrant agronomist to join their young and energetic team and help the company achieve their end goals.
The candidate is mandated to research the agricultural practices, update farm input catalogues, schedule farm visits to farmers and advise accordingly. He/she will prepare, document and submit all the tasks to the management .The contract is 2 years’ with 3 months’ probation period.
- Train farmers on Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) to maximize yield and ensure quality of produce is not compromised.
- Demonstrate and train farmers on the best packaging solutions and techniques for farm produce that reduce the risk of damage during transportation.
- Interpret soil and water test results to farmers and advise accordingly.
- Advise and avail information to farmers of the best farm inputs to use on the farm and on the crops as well.
- Attend workshops and training on behalf of the Company.
- Prepare and submit weekly farmer training reports to the management.
- Carry out any other duty as requested.
- Diploma in Agricultural Extension Education or its equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution; a Degree in Agricultural Extension Education or its equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 2-3years’ experience in agribusiness.
- Proficiency in Basic computer packages and Mobile Applications.
- Demonstrate PR and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, supervisory skills and strategic planning
- Good spoken Swahili and spoken and written English.
- Able to operate effectively and to gain trust of farmers.
- Welcomes and values diversity and contributes to an inclusive working environment where differences are acknowledged and respected.
- Should have the ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines.
How to Apply
If this describes you and are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.