- Company: Syngenta
- Location: Kenya
- State: Ruiru
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Agricultural Jobs in KenyaSyngenta Jobs in Kenya
Syngenta is a leading science-based agtech company. We help millions of farmers around the world to grow safe and nutritious food, while taking care of the planet.
To monitor and control water treatment, ferti-irrigation processes, greenhouse climate for the R&D site.
- Ensures sterilization of irrigation water as per the protocols to achieve the set standards.
- Ensures conditioning/treatment of drinking water to make it fit for human consumption.
- Samples the different input and drain solutions in different crops and crop stages for analysis by site lab or an accredited laboratory whenever required.
- Ensures, through active consultation, that correct recipes as formulated by the Quality & Agronomy Lead are adopted as per the crop needs/lab analysis for quality seed production.
- Ensures timely requisition and mixing of fertilizer in the different stations within the R&D site.
- Ensures timely dosing of various fertilizer recipes, at the Main station and sub stations to achieve the desired target pH/EC.
- Monitors irrigation of the crops in the greenhouses to ensure it is done with prevailing weather conditions in mind.
- Ensures greenhouse climate is controlled through setting the right parameters for each crop on the climate computer(s) to achieve conducive growing conditions.
- Ensures that all Fertigation machines and equipment (including drip lines) are in good working condition and promptly report any malfunction for repair.
- Supports the production team on matters regarding water management to achieve a healthy crop throughout the growing cycle.
- Facilitates Crop protection activities through drip irrigation (drenching) in liaison with the Crop Protection Supervisor when needed.
- Ensures all irrigation and Climate related data is collected, tabulated and presented on time for analysis and decision making.
- Ensures supervisors on duty are briefed on fertigation processes including trouble shooting and reporting during weekends and or holiday duties for prompt remedial action in case of system failure.
- Ensures all equipment and structures are serviced regularly, calibrated and records kept accordingly (In liaison with the Quality and Agronomy Lead & NSPP Technician -Engineering Operations).
- Ensures adherence to Phytosanitary standards in all Fertigation processes to control plant pathogens.
- Ensures all QMS documents related to irrigation are reviewed regularly to update any process changes.
- Enforces HSE rules and regulations and champions the implementation of the Syngenta HSE policy in all business operations.
- Any other tasks & projects as may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Minimum Diploma in Water and irrigation management, Horticulture/Agriculture or related field.
- Up to 3yrs in a relevant field
- Knowledge in hydroponics preferred
Work Related Skills
- Computer skills
- Communication skills.
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Team player