Animal Husbandry Assistant Jobs, Agricultural Jobs, LTI Jobs
Job Group ‘D’-Five (5) posts
Salary Scale: Ksh.Ksh.14, 610 x 510 –15,120 x 550–15,670×580–16,250 p.m.
House Allowance: Kshs. 2,375 p.m
Commuter Allowance: Kshs: 3,000 pm
Leave Entitlement: 30 working days per year.
Leave Allowance: Ksh: 4000 (Twice per year)
Hardship Allowance: Kshs. 3,300 Per month
This is the entry grade into this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer. Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Grazing, feeding and watering animals;
- Identifying and reporting sick animals and animals on heat;
- Maintaining cleanliness and disinfecting livestock structures;
- Maintaining animal fodder or garden
- Ensuring safety of animals;
- Reporting animals status;
- Safe disposal of animal waste; and
- Restraining animals during milking, docking, bleeding and other livestock routine managements.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean grade D or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application skills.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make their application by completing one (1) PSC 2(Revised 2016) application form, which can be downloaded from the PSC Website www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed PSC 2forms together with copies of applicant’s Academic/Professional Certificates should reach the Principal Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, State Department for Livestock ,P.O Box 34188-00100,Nairobi or hand delivered to the office of the Director Human Resource Management and Development, Kilimo House-2 nd Floor(HRM Registry, so as to reach the office on or before 9 th September, 2019 (Latest 5:00Pm).
Please note that:-
- Candidates should not attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Conversing in any form will lead to automate disqualification.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation. State Department for Livestock is committed to implementing the provision of the Constitution, chapter 232(1) on competition and merit representation of Kenyan diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women members of all other groups and persons with disabilities.