Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation
Job Advertisement: Assistant Accountant II
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation (NTZDC) was established as a state Corporation under a Legal Gazette Notice No. 30 of 2002, revoking Legal Gazette Notice No. 265 of 1986, with the aim of promoting forest conservation by providing buffer zones of tea and fuelwood to check against human encroachment into the gazetted forests.
The Corporation’s operations are spread over nineteen (19) zones and two factories one in Nandi County and another one under completion in Kirinyaga County.
The Corporation’s major activities are in tea growing, tea factory operations and local sales distribution of value-added teas.
The Corporation seeks to recruit qualified and competent Kenyan citizens to fill the following positions:
Assistant Accountant II
Job Purpose: Reporting to the Accountant, the job holder will be responsible for ensuring effective accounting of receipts and cash transactions as per approved policies, procedures and control systems in the Factory.
· Prepare timely and accurate reports.
· Timely and accurate receipting of cash and cheques from clients.
· Carrying out of reconciliation of receipts and banking as per approved procedures.
· Ensuring that all cash receipts are controlled, recorded and balanced in the cash book.
· Prompt and accurate updating of customers’ accounts and issuing of monthly statements.
· Following up on reimbursements and surrender of imprest as per approved procedures.
· Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (K.C.S.E) C(plain)
· CPA II
· Three years of experience relevant experience.
Skills and Attributes
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent analytical skills
· A team Player
· Computer literate in MS Office and other office applications
· Must have a valid certificate of good conduct.
All candidates must meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity, and obtain appropriate certification from the;
· Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
· Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
· Directorate of Criminal Investigations,
· High Education Loans Board (HELB).
· Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
How to Apply
Interested qualified candidates should submit their applications, enclosing a detailed Curriculum Vitae, daytime mobile telephone contacts, current gross salary, names and contacts of three referees, copies of certified relevant professional and academic certificates and testimonials.
Applicants should indicate the position applied for at the top of the envelope to be received before 13th November 2020 and addressed to the-:
Nyayo Tea Zones Dev. Corp.
P.O Box 48552 – 00100
Nyayo Tea Zones Development Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Qualified persons with disabilities and marginalized groups are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.