DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. jobs-kenya KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: World Food Programme
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
WFP works to put hunger at the center of the international agenda, promoting policies, strategies and operations that directly benefit the poor and hungry. As the food aid arm of the UN, WFP uses its food to meet emergency needs and support economic & social development. The Agency also provides the logistics support necessary to get food aid to the right people at the right time and in the right place.
Following the approval by the Executive Board in June 2018, WFP Kenya has adopted a Country Strategic Planning (CSP) that emphasizes partnerships and a concerted approach in its Country Operations. The CSP intends to lead towards achieving Zero-Hunger, by aligning WFP’s Strategic Plan and Objectives with SDGs (2 & 17) prioritizing partnerships in emergency, lifesaving and development work benefitting refugees and vulnerable Kenyans. Under the CSP WFP Kenya will define its role and portfolio of assistance that is aligned with Government of Kenya prioritized Development Goals.
The need for the services of Business Support Assistants (SC-2) to enhance the capacity in frontline activities undertaken by Dadaab and Kakuma Sub-Office.
Job holders provides support to team and to beneficiaries and report to the relevant Supervisors. At this level, work is carried out under close supervision and job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver business support tasks, to ensure that beneficiaries are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Biometric Verification
- Conduct biometric verification checks of beneficiaries (food collectors) during General Food Distributions for enhanced access to food assistance (cash/in-kind)
- In case of unsuccessful checks or verification (No Match/Error), refer the beneficiaries to the UNHCR Litigation Desk for further processing
- Receive and address/respond to biometric related complaints from beneficiaries and escalate critical issues to the supervisors for further follow up and appropriate action by management/UNHCR Respond to routine queries from beneficiaries with readily available support from supervisors and escalate where appropriate to provide timely and accurate response to enquiries
- Support other biometric related activities at the camp
- Off cycle Helpdesk
- Receive and log in all the Bamba Chakula all queries or case in WFP CRM (Sugar) and ensure closure of all successfully concluded cases thereafter close all the beneficiaries’ cases in CFM (Sugar) sorted.
- Compile on daily basis all the reported lost sim cards cases and share with the respective Monitoring Assistant/ CBT focal for their action
- Compile on daily basis a list of all the replaced active sim cards issued to the beneficiaries and share with the Monitoring Assistant for their action
- Refer complex Bamba Chakula related complaints to the Monitoring Assistants CBT Focal for further action and feedback as appropriate
- Refer to the Monitoring Assistant all the Bamba Chakula beneficiaries’ cases that they cannot be able to handle or need to be escalated further
- Program Data Collection
- Undertake the online monthly BCM data (GFD) collection during the monthly GFD cycle
- Undertake the online monthly BCM data collection at the SFP sites
- Undertake the online quarterly FSOM data collection at the FDP
- Participate in other program site monitoring (SMP/SFP/FFT) with guidance of the Monitoring Assistant
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Academic Qualifications and Experience :
Essential: Successful completion of secondary school education (KCSE), supplemented with experience or additional education in social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
How to ApplySubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here