Position: Food Security and Livelihood (FSL) Project Manager – National Position
Sectors: FSL – Nutrition sensitive FSL
Starting date: ASAP
Closing date vacancy: 23 April 2021
Duty station: Isiolo – Kenya
Duration: 6 months renewable
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as agriculture, agronomy, animal science, business development and marketing, environmental/natural resource management or any other related degree plus at least three years’ relevant work experience (project implementation, monitoring, community relations etc)
· Advanced level of technical knowledge of food security and livelihoods programming, including at least one of the following: value chains, nutrition sensitive FSL interventions, livestock management, income generating activities (IGAs), agricultural and livestock production, marketing and value chains and cash based interventions.
· Experience of project management
· Demonstrated skills in staff management, capacity building and community relations
· Ability and willingness to work independently with a high degree of motivation, result oriented creativeness and adaptability
· Good report writing and analytical skills
· Knowledge and previous practice of MS Office (Word and Excel are essential)
· Good communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, including the ability to work effectively in a team
· Knowledge and experience of assessments and monitoring are an advantage
· Knowledge of related programs, particularly nutrition and water and sanitation, are also an advantage
· Good English skills (written and spoken)
· Knowledge of Swahili language (written and spoken)
· Previous experience in Arid and Semi-Arid lands of Kenya
· Knowledge of or previous experience in Isiolo County
Cesvi, within the framework of a consortium led by another INGO, is receiving funds from the Italian Agency for Development Cooperation (AICS) to implement a 36 months programme in Isiolo. The project is intended to improve food and nutrition security for 10 agro-pastoralist communities, especially women and other vulnerable groups, of Isiolo County, through resilient livelihoods approach and will contribute to enhanced resilience to market and climate shocks in Arid and Semi-Arid Lands of Northern Kenya.
Duty station: Cesvi Office in Isiolo town with travels to the project locations in Isiolo County, in accordance with project needs and security clearance. Travels to Nairobi for coordination meetings.
Provide overall supervision to the activities implemented by Cesvi within the framework of the project, ensuring that they are delivered following the proposal text agreed with the donor and that they are leading to the achievement of the project’s results in a timely way.
• To ensure that activities are appropriately implemented and monitored and evaluated and proposes, when deemed necessary, amendments to the implementation strategy.
• To ensure the financial management of the project i.e. Budget development, BFU.
• To prepare timely purchase requests in line with the procurement plan.
• To support required actions by the administration related to team management and supervision.
• To identify logistic and admin support needs related to the project and communicate these to the relevant log/admin support person(s).
• Liaise and coordinate with the other partners of the consortium.
Reporting, monitoring, communication and planning:
• Ensures internal reporting and contribution to donor reporting.
• Writing of the narrative monthly, quarterly, intermediate and final reports, according to the templates and requirements.
• Shares information with the other project partners.
• Participates in designing strategies and objectives for improved support to beneficiaries and contribute actively in its monitoring, evaluation and revision.
• Participates in assessments in its geographical zone of intervention or outside.
• Planning of activities. He/she must provide activity planning for all the duration of the project, as well as monthly and/or as requested.
• Creates and applies a communication and visibility plan in the project(s) under his/her responsibility.
• Designs, and ensures the correct implementation of a monitoring plan for the activities.
• Designs, and implements correctly, a data gathering system and tools as needed for the implementation of the project.
• Ensures the capitalization of lessons learnt and good practices in formal documents.
Coordination and representation:
• Represents Cesvi at various level meetings in Isiolo and Nairobi, within and outside the consortium.
Team Management & Human Resources Management:
• To identify, recruit train and manage project staff.
• To ensure the whole team has a clear understanding of the project.
• Ensure a positive working environment and good team dynamics (solve out potential conflicts), organise and lead coordination meetings and evaluate the staff under his/her direct responsibility on a regular basis and pass on the evaluations and recommendations to HR.
• Comply with Cesvi Security Regulations.
• Ensure Staff safety and inform staff on security rules as defined.
• Reports any security/safety incident and/or risk to the Regional Manager.
How to Apply
Persons qualified for this position are invited to submit their CV (including 3 referees) and COVER LETTER ONLY to CESVI to the e-mail address
Please quote the Position (i.e. Application for FSL PM_your name) in the subject line of your e-mail application. Please do not apply twice, applicants should not attach certificates at this stage . Inquiries on phone or e-mail will not be entertained.
Please notice this is a national position.
Closing date for applications is 23 rd April 2021 at midnight (EAT). However Cesvi reserves the right to close the vacancy before the above mentioned date in case a large number of applications is received. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
CESVI is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
CESVI does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or training).