- Company: KCIC Consulting
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Agricultural Jobs in KenyaKCIC Consulting Jobs in KenyaSocial Sciences Jobs in Kenya
KCL enjoys a wide regional presence particularly within the East, West, and Southern Africa. We have implemented capacity building, business development and market access projects for SMEs in Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Botswana, South Africa, Ghana, Ethiopia, and South Sudan. Our team of experts bring together combined experience in enterprise development, sustainability, fundraising, capacity building, research, among others within the wider Agricultural, Energy, Waste management, Water resource management, and Commercial forestry sectors.
Sustainability Advisory Services Support
- Provide the team and partners with technical advice on climate change adaptation substantial matters including strategies to guarantee that issues such as gender equality, disaster risk reduction and synergies with mitigation measures are undertaken.
- Support the team in implementation of CCA approved projects.
- Design and develop programmes that enhance and mainstream CCA in the African region.
- Enhancing sector understanding – support in identifying new products/ services in demand by advancing the practice areas of the SAS department.
- Identifying emerging trends and providing inputs on department strategy.
- Monitor and disseminate emerging best practice on climate change adaptation strategies, planning and practice and relevant scientific research developments.
- Support the preparation and delivery of training material on CCA.
Thought Leadership and Guidance
- Development of articles, insight reports, research papers, briefings, and presentations on CCA that provide action for climate empowerment.
- Organize and participate in industry webinars that disseminate and share CCA knowledge and findings.
- Manage internal knowledge management resources, such as project data sheets, proposals, CVs, capability statements, reference letters, testimonials, etc.
Business Development Support
- Contribute to identifying strategic partners and funding opportunities in line with the national adaptation plan process and the global CCA context.
- Co-create and participate in technical working groups with government institutions and other stakeholders, including the private sector.
- Maintain excellent relationships with key partners, and support strategies for new partner engagement.
- Support the BD team in the preparation of CCA expressions of interest, concept papers, and technical proposals.
- Support the BD team in sourcing, monitoring, and responding to strategic opportunities.
- Support the BD team in technical proposal development resources, such as a consultant and partner database.
- Support CCA project-related recruitment process.
- Maintaining timesheets for activities and work done. Ensure timely billing and collections.
- Ensuring compliance with company policies.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Master’s degree in climate change and development, environmental studies, agricultural or water resources management, or a closely related field.
- Professional qualifications in the related field will be an advantage.
- Thorough understanding of adaptation and loss and damage issues with a focus on agriculture, food security, water resource management, commercial forestry, sustainable development, and livelihoods.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, Google platforms, and other online collaboration tools
- Min. 3 years’ experience in the field of Climate Change Adaptation, particularly frameworks, strategies, and tools for implementation.
- Experience in climate change adaptation practice is preferred, for example managing risk and uncertainty, supporting organizational change, developing community-based adaptation, or integrating climate change issues into the design, monitoring, and evaluation of conservation and/or development projects and programs.
- Strong capabilities in writing, research, planning and time management, and organization with a problem-solving orientation
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and manage projects and programs quickly and efficiently with outstanding monitoring and reporting skills.