Communications Director Job, Latest Communications Jobs,
Position: Communications Director,
Terms: This position will be offered on a two-year renewable basis. A 6 month probationary period will apply.
The Inclusive Climate Change Adaptation for a Sustainable Africa (ICCASA) is a nonprofit African based development organization committed to building resilience amongst communities through a gender-transformative approach. Together with Partners, ICCASA is works towards reducing gender inequalities through breakdown of deep-rooted gender stereotypesthat impede progress towards greater parity.Headquartered in Nairobi Kenya, ICCASA has been working to advance inclusiveness and equity within the climate change space. Informed by extensive gender and climate change research and experience and deep local expertise, ICCASA work across Africa’s region addressing the following four overarching goals –
- Building the resilience and enhancing adaptive capacity of women to climate chang
- Building institutional capacity for equitable and inclusive governance of climate action
- Expanding economic opportunities of women, youth, indigenous groups in a changing climate;and
- Increasing adaptive capacity and environmental resilience of grassroot communities through capacity building, identifying gender responsible climate change adaptation options in agriculture, energy, water, forestry, infrastructure and manufacture
ICCASA is seeking a CommunicationsDirector with exceptional public speaking and writing skills. A CommunicationsDirector is expected to be a strategic thinker with a meticulous attention to detail, working well under pressure and meeting deadlines. The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment. To ensure success, the CommunicationsDirector should be innovative, organized and self-motivated with a keen interest in driving strategic messages to key stakeholders.
The position is based at ICCASA headquarters offices in Nairobi Kenya with most of the work done virtually.
- Develop and implement ICCASA communication strategy that includes media outreach and social media content creation.
- Research and write press releases, and content for ICCASA website, infographics, blogs and newsletters.
- Write, edit, and distribute content, including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other material that communicates the organization’s activities, products and/or services.
- Respond to media inquiries, arrange interviews, and act as a spokesperson for the organization.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists, and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of ICCASA and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Proficiency in design and publishing software.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management and facilitate the resolution of disputes with stakeholders.
- Arrange and coordinate press conferences, and plan events.
- Adhere to ICCASA’s style guide, ensuring that we produce high-quality and error-free copy.
- Work with key ICCASA team to brainstorm content ideas, in line with ICCASA’s strategy and in support of various brand initiatives.
- Support and evaluate results of communication campaigns with the team.
- Build and maintain relationships with journalists and key stakeholders.
- Master’s degree with 6 years experiencesin Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or a related field
- A minimum of 2 years experience in communications strategy development (essential).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in Email, MS Office, PowerPoint, Adobe Photoshop, content management systemsand social media platforms.
- Content writing experience for all media platforms.
- Proven social media and networking expertise.
- Strategic and creative mindset.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward a cover letter together with their most recent Curriculum Vitae and contact details, to [email protected]
Email Subject should read “ Communications Director, ICCASA ”
Deadline for Submission
December 31, 2020 @11.59pm EAT . Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICCASA is an equal opportunities employerN.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE