Administration Jobs In Kenya.
Job Title: Country Manager – AgriFinance,
Reports directly to: VP Africa and CEO,
Works directly with: HQ-based head of departments,
Gross Salary: Competitive,
Our client offers financial solutions to Agribusinesses such as Input suppliers, Traders, Aggregators, Processors, etc, directly linking agri-trade activities with financial services. They seek to recruit an innovative and visionary Country Manager who will be responsible for executing and delivering targets the company set, while resourcefully developing and managing all operations in Kenya.
Operations and Compliance
- Build the right infrastructure for a successful Kenyan company including involvement in retrieving the necessary license and regulatory approvals
- Coordinate overall country budget; manage the budget within approved spending levels and establish an annual cash flow plan to ensure a steady and adequate supply of funds.
- Build on and maintain operational structures that ensure proper segregation of duties between operations, field teams, sales, call center, and finance teams to achieve the timely, compliant and effective country targets that are exceeded.
- Build and maintain an environment of collaboration among the departments and team members resulting in optimal support for tasks and goals.
- Ensure project and new initiative implementation is on time, on target, and within budget.
- Create and maintain systems ensuring effective and transparent use of financial resources for timely and informative reporting in line with policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures, and the implementation of appropriate risk mitigation measures to reduce exposure to potential risk.
Strategy & Vision
- Refine and articulate a clear and compelling strategy in Kenya. Contribute to the company’s vision, drawing on key objectives and strengths to be the market leader in Kenya. Inspire team members, stakeholders, and partners to support the country’s goals and develop impactful processes.
- Build strategic partnerships and relationships to achieve the vision outlined in the country and regional strategy.
- Set direction for the country team by prioritizing and organizing actions, processes, and resources to achieve targets
- Lead country strategy development and annual country planning using a collaborative process.
- Leverage headquarters and in-country teams to support products, processes, and financing deliveries.
- Recognize opportunities for innovative action and create an environment where alternative viewpoints are welcome. Remain current with development thinking, including resilience approaches and understanding the target market, customer experience, and how to maintain recurring customers.
- Lead engagement with potential investors, banks, NGOs, and other partners
- Liaise with the product, tech, and operations team members to pivot and adapt to being responsive to any changes in the market, contextual changes, such as environmental and climate change impacts, conflict, or emerging opportunities to deepen the impact.
Leadership & Culture
- Commit to preserving an organizational culture of trust, transparency, diversity, fairness, and inclusion across the team.
- Maintain a culture of integrity through ethical decision-making, safeguarding, and compliance
- Lead by role modeling self-awareness to foster an environment of mutual respect, diversity, and inclusion so that all team members are included, supported, and can thrive.
- Create a culture of accountability for highly effective communication systems and working relationships.
- Recruit, manage, motivate, and onboard skilled and efficient employees with an emphasis on high-quality impact, experts in their fields, and a proven track record on target accomplishments.
- Encourage a team culture of growth, learning, creativity, and innovation by incorporating a culture of continuous feedback, development, and performance management.
- Establish credibility within the team by demonstrating personal accountability, flexibility, resilience, and dedication to quality programming by creating positive relationships and having composure in complex situations.
- Ensure people-focused human resource systems are in place and consistent, including position descriptions, team member onboarding, performance management (KPIs), and reporting mechanisms.
- Contribute to country team-building efforts, help team members identify problem-solving options, and ensure the integration of all team members into relevant decision-making processes.
- Manage security and safety of the entire country team and assets and create and implement best practices procedures and standards.
- Ensure the safety and security of staff members through regular review and adaptation of security protocols that will need to be defined and implemented. Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment.
- Liaise with the VP Africa on crucial events, high-risk periods, incident reporting, or security policy changes.
Qualifications & Experience
- MA / BSc degree in a business-related field.
- Qualifications/experience in the agriculture industry is preffered.
- A minimum of 5 years of senior-level leadership, capacity building, field and departmental management experience.
- Thorough and proven company management experience with preferable experience in starting up a growing and/or new business, ensuring high revenue generation and profitability.
- Demonstrated success managing and bringing together a multi-cultural team with team members in multiple areas across the country.
- Successful and proven representation, negotiation, communication, and organization skills.
- Demonstrated success representing complex objectives to diverse stakeholders to position as a strong player and thought leader with investors, development partners, government, and other stakeholders.
- Firm understanding of country regulations across the board ie KRA and CBK etc.
- Demonstrated success working effectively and respectfully with regulators, Banks, NGO partners, and other stakeholders in complex environments.
- Proven skills in financial management.
- Ability to work efficiently.
- Actively with a diverse team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Capacity to respond to crisis/emergency matters swiftly.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject ( Country Manager – AgriFinance ) to j [email protected] on or before 27 th June 2022 .N.B: 1.Dont Miss Out On Your Next Job. Let's Have Your CV. .
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .