- Company: SNV Netherlands Development Organisation
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Kenya
The PM reports directly to the overall Programme Manager for CRAFT East Africa and the Kenya Country Director and collaborates closely with the agriculture global sector team.
Key Areas of Responsibilities;
- Programme Management;
- Project quality assurance;
- Contract Management & Project Accounting;
- People Management & Team Leadership;
- Analysis & Reporting;
- Knowledge Development and
With the following tasks and responsibilities;
- Support agribusiness/service provider and multi-stakeholder platforms to promote, advise and jointly agree on climate proofing value chains, policy recommendations and climate smart investments.
- Technical coaching of the CRAFT-Kenya team for the development, implementation and monitoring as well as eventual close-out of the cases.
- Manage the in-country project in all aspects of project management: budgets, financial management and activity reporting, work planning, monitoring & evaluation, human resources (PAR/PRDP, recruitment, consultancies, etc.);
- Maintain and safeguard high quality project deliverables, based on donor requirements, CRAFT branding standards and general SNV Kenya representational needs;
- Contribute to the development of the Kenya project annual reports and work plans, as well as regular donor updates and knowledge products as requested and needed;
- Oversee and support any other tasks as assigned relating to country project implementation and report to the MC PM as well as the Kenya SL and/ or CD.
- Support the CRAFT Kenya team in developing and maintaining a healthy and balanced business/service provider case pipeline.
- Reviewing and finalizing cases ready for final approval by the CRAFT PMU and onward approval for the IAC – ensuring all basic investment facility criteria are adhered to;
- Coordinate with the PMU fund manager the planning and disbursement of grant funds, as well as field-based monitoring and reporting with the Kenya team;
- Broker access to finance and investments between SME’s and financial institutions and advise financial institutions on climate smart business investments to leverage climate finance money.
- Risk Management in implementation of the CIIF country portfolio, work closely with country finance team and PMU to minimise risks in implementation
- Support the implementation and roll-out of business cases.
- Broker access to finance and investments between SME’s and financial institutions.
- Monitor and report the performance of the business cases as per the set milestones.
- Set-up of coaching programs on agribusiness management for female entrepreneurs and youth.
- Support agribusiness platforms to promote, advise and jointly agree on climate proofing value chains, policy recommendations and climate smart investments.
- Manage the in-country programme in all aspects of project management: budgets, work planning, human resource, activities and reporting.
- Oversee and support country project implementation, link and collaborate with the Uganda and Tanzania project managers, and report to the regional project manager.
- A relevant academic qualification: Agribusiness, Agricultural Economy or Business Administration.
- Minimum of ten years of experience of working with or in Agribusiness, preferably in the prioritised commodities (pulses, oilseed, potatoes and grains).
- Knowledge of the prioritized commodities preferably at global level and in Kenya.
- Experience in Climate Change financing, agribusiness development, climate smart agriculture, and agribusiness finance.
- Ability and demonstrated experience of designing and implementation of business cases with Agribusinesses.
- Experience in female and youth entrepreneurship programs.
- Strong agribusiness relationship management experience and focus with the ability to stimulate trust and confidence with clients and investors including managing various stakeholders.
- Understanding of climate change risk management and inclusion of smallholder producers into the supply chain.
- Proven track record in project management, specifically in project planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting and financial management for large scale comprehensive projects.
- International work experience and the ability to effectively coach and lead a team of advisors in a multi-cultural setting.
- Strong background in resource mobilisation; demonstrated programme design, proposal writing, business development, and international donor relationship management.
- Excellent communication (written and oral), reporting and presentation skills.
- Flexible approach to take on additional responsibilities as assigned/delegated by the Country Director and/or the Multi-country Project Manager.
- Willingness to travel to all project locations.