Farmer Field Assistant Job, Current Agricultural Jobs in Kenya,
FARMER FIELD ASSISTANTS (FFA) – 3 POSITIONS IN MURANGA, BUNGOMA AND MAKUENI COUNTIES
Job Purpose & Scope
Contribute to the promotion and adoption of sustainable agricultural practices and technologies through participatory, market-oriented approaches to meet the needs of smallholder farmers while staying relevant to the context of the project.
- Responsible for an updated and resource center consolidated database of farmers being (currently submitted monthly via Kobo Toolbox) reached through FCP activities.
- Carry out farmer trainings to community groups to provide relevant knowledge and skills development on ecological sustainable agriculture practices and technologies.
- Promote use of organic and ecologically sustainable farming methodologies through establishment of demonstration plots in selected farms.
- Participate in field days and agricultural shows.
- Carry out school trainings and participate in other school events to promote knowledge and skills development on ecological sustainable agriculture technologies for school going children.
- Train farmer groups on sound organizational development in order to benefit from better and more reliable markets.
- Conduct regular farmer visits and follow-ups to deepen skills and knowledge acquired from other training activities.
- Using FCP participatory methods and tools, lead farmer groups in participatory needs identification and analysis leading to development of farmer action plans
- Facilitate linkages with organic sector value chain actors with a focus to support improved access to markets by the target farmers.
- Promote the use of FCP information and communication pathways (TOF magazine, TOF radio and Infonet) to increase awareness and knowledge on benefits of organic farming and environmental conservation.
- Proactively engage and coordinate with relevant County governments departments, NGOs and other institutions in your region of operation and foster mutual beneficial partnerships.
- Respond in a timely manner to queries raised by farmers through visits to the resource centres and BvAT’s Tusemezane platform.
- Complete in a timely manner staff appraisal with the Farmer Field Officer in line with BvAT’s Appraisal system.
- Participate in monthly center project review meetings and present your monthly activity plans and reports submit using the provided templates (currently provided under the Kobo Toolbox).
- Perform other related duties as may be required and assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Knowledge
- Diploma in organic agriculture, agricultural extension, rural development, crop production, livestock development, community development or any other closely related discipline in any agriculture related field
- At least 2 years in a similar position
Specialized Knowledge and skills required
- Communication Skills (verbal and written)
- Facilitation skills
- Report writing skills
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Data collection and entry
- Computer skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, please submit your detailed CV and application letter indicating summary of your key qualifications and expected salary to [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 9 th November 202 0 . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Biovision Africa Trust is an equal opportunity employer.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE