Agricultural Jobs In Kenya.
Position: Field Assistant,
Workplace/location: Kakuma and Kalobeyei, Turkana West Sub County, Kenya,
Contract duration: July 2022 to February 2023,
Reporting to: Community Development Officer,
About Peace Winds Japan
PWJ is an international non-governmental organization which has been providing humanitarian and developmental aid in over 20 countries since 1996. With a field office in Kakuma and a country office in Nairobi, PWJ has been working in Kenya since 2012 in Garrisa County, and has extensive experience in Kakuma refugee camp, Kalobeyei settlement and host community in Turkana County. In 2015, PWJ commenced her operations in Kakuma and Kalobeyei where- after she was assigned implementing partner status of UNHCR. PWJ has been implementing a number of projects funded by UNHCR, Government of Japan, Japan Platform, UN Habitat, UN Women, and UNICEF in partnership with line ministries both in Kenya’s county and national governments in areas of shelter and infrastructure development, WASH (water, sanitation, and hygiene), logistics management, livelihoods, disaster risk reduction, and food security.
Purpose for the position
The Field Assistant will be responsible for supporting the implementation of food and nutrition security project in kakuma refugee camp particularly at the field level. He/she be expected to contribute to timely realization of all the project set objectives as per the developed project’s detailed implementation work plan.
- In coordination with the Community Development Officer, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, participate in the design and conduct baseline survey, follow up assessments and endline survey of the project.
- Participate actively in planning and coordination of training sessions on climate smart agricultural techniques together with the County team.
- Conduct routine follow-ups at the field together with kitchen garden coaches to ensure that the targeted beneficiaries set up kitchen gardens as per the training they undertook..
- Facilitate the recruitment of trainees for climate smart agricultural practices for different modules.
- To ensure timely data collection of the project activities and keeping them in an organized manner with the support of Monitoring and Evaluation Officer.
- Contribute to the preparation of the projects weekly and monthly reports as per the shared projects reporting templates
- To ensure effective implementation of monitoring activities in the area of project implementation.
- Properly keep well filled attendance registers and distribution lists for all the activities conducted during entire project duration
- Represent the views and objectives of Peace Winds Japan in Kakuma camp and only engage in activities instructed by the immediate supervisor.
- Attend to any other assignments as may be assigned by PWJ Area Manager, Programme Coordinator and the supervisor.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma/ bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as General Agriculture, Agriculture Education and Extension, Agriculture economics, Agribusiness, Community Development, Nutrition and any other related degree
- Understanding of basic concepts in nutrition and agriculture
- Experience in working in semi-arid areas with non-governmental organizations is an added advantage.
Demonstrated social mobilization skills/experience
Computer skills with demonstrated excellence in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Good level of spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and contribute to realization of the project outcomes.
- Excellent attention to details and ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Excellent organization, coordination, and report writing skills.
How to Apply
We are looking to recruit national candidates only. Interested and qualified candidates are cordially invited to send a cover letter (1 page) and resume (3 pages) as one PDF document. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for taking this post. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application documents should be submitted not later than Monday 25th July 2022 to: [email protected]
N/B: Peace Winds Japan doesn’t charge any application fee.
NB: 2. Advance & Grow In Your Career? . .