Forest Conservation Deputy Director Jobs, PSC Jobs
Salary Scale: Kshs.98,500 – Kshs.166,780 pm (CSG 6)
Terms of service: Permanent and pensionable
- cumulative Service of fifteen (15) years in the field of environment or natural resources, three (3) of which should be at Job Group ‘N’ and above or a comparable position in the Public Service.
- a Bachelors degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental studies or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- a Masters degree in any of the following disciplines:- Environmental Science, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Environmental studies or any other related field from a recognized institution;
- a ceritificate in Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution;
- a thorough understanding of Forest policies and programmes and ability to successfully play part in their implementation; and
- shown professional and managerial capability in work performance and results.
Duties and responsibilities at this level include:-
- formulation of forest strategy policies;
- ensuring implementation of forest and policy strategy matters;
- making reports on forest conservancy management matters;
- analyzing issues emanating from policy and Strategy;
- assessing the impact and relevance of forest policies and strategies; and
- overseeing coordination on forestry matters.
How To Apply
Applications are invited from qualified persons for the positions shown below.
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications as follows:
- by completing ONE PSC 2 (Revised 2016) application form. The form may be downloaded from the Commission’s websites.
- Candidates should NOT attach any documents to the application form. ALL the details requested in the advertisement should be filled on the form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
- THE PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION IS COMMITTED TO AVAILING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES TO ALL KENYANS. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES, THE MARGINALIZED AND THE MINORITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Shortlisted candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
Serving officers shall be required to produce the original letter of appointment to their current substantive post during the interview.
Completed applications should be sent or delivered to:
PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
P.O. BOX 30095 – 00100
so as to reach the Commission on or before 12th November 2019