- Company: UNV LTD
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
Volunteerism is a powerful means of engaging people in tackling hospitality development challenges, and it can transform the pace and nature of development. Volunteerism benefits both society at large and the individual volunteer by strengthening trust, solidarity, and reciprocity among citizens, and by purposefully creating opportunities for participation.
Details Mission and objectives
The Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger. Our goal is to achieve food security for all and make sure that people have regular access to enough high-quality food to lead active, healthy lives. With over 194 member states, FAO works in over 130 countries worldwide. We believe that everyone can play a part in ending hunger. Join us in creating a #ZeroHunger world.
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the direct supervision of Assistant FAOR Administration, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:.
- Provide and coordinate the delivery of comprehensive human resources support and policy-related services; ensure compliance with relevant policies and regulations as well as transparency and consistency of transactions and procedures;
- Coordinate a wide range of personnel actions including appointments, extensions, transfers, etc.; process requests and provide advice on entitlements; review, maintain and update confidential personnel information records and files in the area of responsibility;
- Provide briefing and debriefing to staff members including answering queries on benefits and entitlements and personnel-related procedures, human resources policy-related issues, social security, insurance and administrative law;
- Handle non-routine and complex cases; undertake research and analysis of entitlements and, employment conditions, as social security, insurance and administrative law related issues; draft correspondence for Human Resources Officers;
- Coordinate support to the recruitment process of all categories of staff and non-staff including advising managers on the preparation of vacancy announcements; coordinate interview arrangements with departments and applicants and prepare offers/terms of employment;
- Provide assistance to managers in the preparation of job profiles; provide advice on proposed changes to post functions; collect background information on post management and update organization charts and staffing tables;
- Research, compile and analyze information and statistics related to posts, staff as well as social security, insurance and administrative law-related matters; prepare briefs, reports or topical papers; monitor and verify post management records;
- Draft human resources policy papers and participate in the development and delivery of a range of staff development and training programs;
- Perform other duties as required. Results/Expected Outputs
- Quality HR advice and guidance to management, supervisors, employees and personnel in timely manner
- Timely execution of recruitment actions.
- Timely monitoring of contract NTE dates and breaks.
- Effective personnel file management