Ipsos is a leading provider of research and evaluation for Development across Africa, with fully staffed and permanent research offices in 11 countries.
In SSA we provide evidence-based recommendations on program design and implementation at both a strategic and tactical level to a wide range of multi-lateral and bilateral donors, foundations, international and local NGOs.
Ipsos leads the way in application of new methods of information collection and analysis, and on the delivery of high-quality data sets and analytical reports, alongside the ability to create impact through integrating recommendations into program design and improvement.
We work across sectors, but particularly focus on MNCH, SRH, trade and markets-systems development (particularly in agriculture and financial access).
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSISTANT – IPSOS SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA
This role is an administrative role to working extensively with our teams across Africa as a resource to identify opportunities through tender searching, liaison with assistants in other teams, preparing and keeping up-to-date boiler plate materials, seeking consulting partners and keeping data bases up to date, and other administrative roles.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or other related field of study.
- A general understanding of qualitative, quantitative research and / or M&E methodologies.
- At least 3 years’ experience in business development preferably in an organization bidding for donor-funded work.
- Experience working in a fast-growing research organization is an added advantage.
- Experience in business development for social development organizations, such as in proposal development or supporting proposals teams.
- Absolutely and unfailingly organized regarding work and deadlines.
- Tenacious in ability to follow up and get teams to meet deadlines with contributions. Very forthright and confident in communicating to teams across Africa.
- Experience in preparing proposals and pitching for business.
- Supporting the ability to build, maintain, and grow client relationships and extensive experience interacting with senior executives and account managers in both professional and social settings.
- Experience working with teams in different countries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to work hard with long hours due to dealing with clients and teams across time zones.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and online searching capabilities.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to;
Application will not be considered if a covering letter is not attached.
Include “Business Development Assistant, Public Affairs – Ipsos SSA” in the cover letter and email subject header.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Sunday, 18th July 2021