- Company: One Acre Fund
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Data Capture and Analysis
- Work with different partners to build data user stories that determine and address data, analysis and reporting needs for different department projects.
- Translate the different data user stories into statistical data models (such as regression and predictive models) that respond to partners’ data analysis and reporting needs.
- Draw meaningful insights from data by using effective methods to track patterns, classify and/or associate different data sets.
- Extract, Aggregate, Transform (using a statistical computing programming language such as R/Python) and Load alternative data sets onto dashboards in and other visualization tools
Data Visualization and Reporting
- Prepare reports and share important takeaways and recommendations with the important partners, this would include creating data dashboards, graphs, and infographics for presenting findings for ongoing reports
- Proactively work with departments to ensure that the reports provided are tailored to their priorities and support their requirements.
- Use data visualizations tools (such as PowerBI) to build data flows and share meaningful insights with the different departments – An ideal candidate should be able to integrate excel, R and different custom data connectors to the visualization tools
- Aggregate different data sets and infographics into a weekly email newsletter and communicate it to the relevant departments
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science or any other related fields
- At least one year of experience in a data science/analytics/analysis role or equivalent position
- Fluency with R mandatory. Familiarity with Python and other data transformation programming languages preferred.
- Fluency with using SQL/ NoSQL to pull and edit data from databases and/or data warehouse
- Experienced in statistical data modeling
- Fluency with data visualization tools (PowerBI is highly preferred) is an added advantage.