Library Assistant Jobs, Librarian Jobs, LTI Jobs
JG ‘H’ ONE (1) POST
Salary Scale: kshs. 23,780×1,030-24,810×1,050-25,860×1,050-26,910×1,120-28,030×1,160-29,190 p.m
House Allowance : Kshs: 3,200 p.m
Commuter Allowance : Kshs: 4,000 p.m
Leave Allowance : Kshs: 4,000 (twice yearly)
Leave Entitlement : 30 working days per year.
Hardship Allowance : Kshs: 6,600
This will be the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senior officer.
Duties and responsibilities will involve:-
- accessioning, stamping and labeling of the acquired information resources;
- shelving and shelf arrangement;
- charging and discharging library resources, pasting date due labels;
- preparing file pockets and press cuttings;
- spine marking;
- fixing book jackets;
- listing of materials for binding; and
- filing catalogue cards.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have:-
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines:- library and information science; library and information studies; or library, archives and records management from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in computer application from a recognized institution.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make their application by completing one (1) PSC 2(Revised 2016) application form, which can be downloaded from the PSC Website www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed PSC 2forms together with copies of applicant’s Academic/Professional Certificates should reach the Principal Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, State Department for Livestock ,P.O Box 34188-00100,Nairobi or hand delivered to the office of the Director Human Resource Management and Development, Kilimo House-2 nd Floor(HRM Registry, so as to reach the office on or before 9 th September, 2019 (Latest 5:00Pm).
Please note that:-
- Candidates should not attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Conversing in any form will lead to automate disqualification.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation. State Department for Livestock is committed to implementing the provision of the Constitution, chapter 232(1) on competition and merit representation of Kenyan diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women members of all other groups and persons with disabilities.