Project Manager Jobs, ICT Jobs, Biovision Africa Jobs
East Africa Knowledge Hub for Organic Agriculture
Job Purpose & Scope
Reporting to Executive Director, oversees all the operations of Knowledge Management Hub.
- Prepare guidelines for work plans and budgets by partners.
- Facilitate regular communications and meetings with partners to review progress and appraise on activities planned for approval and implementation.
- Ensure partners report periodically, and on schedule to the Hub project activities.
- Support partners to collaborate with active like-minded organisations to improve and upscale dissemination of knowledge on organic agriculture among farmers.
- Design and implement appropriate and effective knowledge capture and sharing activities.
- Execution of knowledge sharing events including, monthly seminars/webinars, workshops, conferences, and peer learning sessions
- Identify and curate technical website content to ensure that the right knowledge is getting to the right people at the right time and in the right way.
- Manage website community engagement, by responding to website members in a timely manner and engage them in meaningful
- Document and share learning – ensure requirements, lessons learned, and best practices for products, events, and other knowledge management activities are clear and documented.
- Engage partners and learning champions – work with program managers, project partners, and learning champions to expand various online/in-person learning activities including, engaging the growing member base on project websites, collaborating with external partners, and content contribution.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and Knowledge
- Master’s degree in Knowledge Management, Project Management, Community Development, or related field from a credited institution of higher learning. The job holder must also be very proficient in ICT applications like, web management, web content development etc.
- At least 7 years progressive experience in the design and development of knowledge management systems, knowledge sharing/dissemination forums, organizational development, business process improvement, or organizational/systems change management.
- Practical and applied experience in setting up and administering knowledge management and learning systems.
Specialized Knowledge and skills required
- Sound understanding of technologies, platforms and ICT infrastructure that facilitate knowledge management and sharing.
- Ability to assess situations quickly and make independent decisions regarding capturing and sharing of knowledge to target beneficiaries.
- Demonstrated understanding of knowledge management principles and capacity to deliver knowledge management and/or organizational learning activities.
- Ability to link content development and engagement strategies that facilitate timely, useful delivery of information, through project learning platforms and activities.
- Team player, good communicator (both written and spoken), excellent interpersonal skills, work under minimum supervision, self-motivated and go-getter, love/high regard for farming and farmer.
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams.
- Sound knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Networking and partnership building skills.
- Understanding of and personal commitment to ecologically sustainable agriculture.
- Willingness and ability to travel locally and regionally.
- Should be fluent in oral and written English and Swahili.
- Have strong relationship management.
- Excellent time management.
- Team player with excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload and demonstrate deliverables/outcomes.
- Good understanding of financial management and reporting processes.
How to apply
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above positions and can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the requirements, please submit your detailed CV and application letter indicating summary of your key qualifications and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The closing date for applications is 15th June 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Biovision Africa Trust is an equal opportunity employer.