- Company: Syngenta
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown.
To be responsible for the seeds trial establishment, management, data collection, analysis and reporting of the project’s activities within Nyanza & Western Kenya region and other places as delegated by the Program Manager.
- Implementation of different trials within the region which will involve among others, site selection, land preparation, planting, crop management, data collection and reporting.
- Use of the field trial application in data collection, analysis and reporting of the trial activities.
- Organising field days and training farmers on crop management of the new trialled varieties.
- Keen follow up of the trial implementation protocol to ensure its full adherence for adequate and reliable data collection.
- Good understanding of the current market trend of the crop produce/seeds working with in the project.
- Understanding the seeds certification process and procedures/requirements by the regulatory body for variety registration.
- Maintain and develop good interaction between public and private partners within project activities.
- Ability to engage with potential Seed companies with an objective of commercializing the newly registered varieties.
- Compile updates and monthly narrative reports. Ensure detailed records are kept and analysis made of data collected from the trials.
- Effective management and timely implementation of work plans.
- Attend relevant inter-agency coordination meetings, workshops and conferences as required.
- Engage with stakeholders and partners and manage their expectations.
- Ensure all aspects of project operations are compliant with legal, contractual and government requirements.
Desired Skills and Experience
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Agriculture or other related fields.
- 2-3 years hands-on experience in seeds systems or agricultural experimentations related to seeds.
- Holistic knowledge on good agricultural practices in crop management.
- Experience in people management, agribusiness, and agricultural project implementation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Self-driven, take own initiatives, innovative, and work well under minimal supervision.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a timely and efficient workflow.